Condoms and catching diseases

Guest baldrick

I decided to dig around for some information I was suprised to come across this statistic:

How likely is it for a male to contract HIV by engaging in unprotected sex with an infected female?

Of the over 700,000 recorded cases of AIDS in the U.S., 122 (.04%) can be attributed to a male contracting the virus from unprotected sex with a female.

Here is the link where I found it. http://www2.potsdam.edu/clubs/aeg/pages/manual/commonques.html

I encourage everyone to still use condoms for theirs and everyone elses safety.

Cheers

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have have translated your posts to the missus and she had a great laugh, and said that you should spent more time in the village.

-------------------------

What village? Hers? Cool, will do if she comes spend time in my GF's village, hopefully, she will not insult the young women there by laughing at them with a know it all attitude about every behaviour in every village in Thailand. Maybe something was lost in the translation, as it would seem you have made a choice to intrepretate my posts as you wished, rather than simply reading them.

Not sure why debating with you has to define you as the ultimate realist and me as a romantic. If you can find one thing in what I said in this thread discussion that seems romantic, point it to me, but IMO, good luck for that.

>>>All I can say i that I know more girls in Pattaya than you and the missus will probably ever know.<<<

yeah, most likely. i have no idea though about the relevance towards the topic here.

>>>What village? Hers? Cool, will do if she comes spend time in my GF's village, hopefully, she will not insult the young women there by laughing at them with a know it all attitude about every behaviour in every village in Thailand.<<<

'the village' means any village.

and you made one serious factual mistake. very few thais will spend much time in a village where they have no family, no relations. way too dangerous, especially for women.

i would not let her go, and neither would i advise your GF to spend time in my missus's village, or any other village other than where she has family. but i guess she knows that already.

>>>If you can find one thing in what I said in this thread discussion that seems romantic, point it to me, but IMO, good luck for that.<<<

OK, here we go:

>>>I doubt indeed a lot started with a prostitute experience in the village, and made a career of it early on. <<<

>>>There is a lot of prostitution, esp. grey zone, in Thailand, but it's hard to imagine common folks making an habit of it, in the village (including nearby "out of the way"). May happen of course, but behavioural in the way you say it, schmoozing and lifting one's skirts on the way back from the market as you need an extra 500 that week? Hum....<<<

>>>Same with prostitution choices started back in the village. Why not, but not "most". At least for the tourist scene, which of course is the tip of iceberg, you'll say accurately. <<<

basically, those statements of you point towards a certain unwillingness to believe that most thai villages suffer from a collapse of the social fabric, of which endemic prostitution already on that level is but one of the many results.

what else can i say other than i have already posted? you simply refuse to believe my statements concerning the results of my research and personal experience. that way we can keep playing the ball from your court into mine forever.

only, and i know that this will most likely cause a shitstorm again - i can only say that it will be most unlikely that anyone will be able to have a look behind a superficial facade (keeping that up is an important part of thai culture on every level of society) without adequate language skills for a starter, and then long term personal involvement into a particular subculture (as mistrust towards outsiders is also an intrinsic part of the culture here, again - on all levels of society).

"unwillingness to believe that most thai villages suffer from a collapse of the social fabric,"

I have to agree with this statement.

You can blame globalisation, Thai social hierarchy, corruption, or whatever, but unless the family has strong leader, it is almost impossible to stay above it.

>>>but unless the family has strong leader, it is almost impossible to stay above it. <<<

definately, if you are involved, blaming everyone and the whole world may be comforting but will not change a thing - there must be a figure of integration in the family who takes responsibility for the direction. and more often than not it is a female.

in my missus's family it became after the death of her mother us two. it is really strange when i am as a farang doing the sing sot negotiations, or sit with the village elders and discuss local poltics (not that they listen much to me there) or different crops (there people start listening as our land was even put up at the last village meeting attended by even some heavyweight politicians as a model land for everyone by the agricultural office authorities).

Guest lazyphil

<<negotiations, or sit with the village elders and discuss local poltics (not that they listen much to me there)>>

Aha, now its clearer why you spend so much time in NP.com--a listening audiance ::

have no idea though about the relevance towards the topic here.

--------------------------------

only relevant to your pretense of knowing averything about very girl entering the scene, so as to imply most were engaged in rpositution before coming to some big city to strut their stuff.

and you made one serious factual mistake

--------------------------------

No, you did! You said THE village, which i meant as your wife's village. Sorry to hear your village is inimical to outisders. My Gf's is not. She has often brought her own friends there, and if you guys came with us; you'd be welcomed with much hospitability.

OK, here we go....................

--------------------------

??????????????

Whats romantic about disagrreing with your own premises?

You, as always, for the sake of feistiness; refuse to admit that nothing in my posts refuted prostitution was common anywhere in thailand. the very proof is is that you think that my points come from a beautiful idea of unchanged village life; which i again challenge you to find in any of my posts anywhere in any participation in this forums.

I simply dispute the idea that women in every village normally protitute themselves inside the villlage. Sorry to hear this is the background from which yourmissus comes from, since if i follow you you forbit her to go anywhere else, or she could never visit another village.

Once you want to enlarge the village to being something like a greater administrative seat, i indicated changes in my argument as well.

Just read the posts, FlyW, do not give me thoughts i don't have. For example, I am not telling you you have this rose-tinted view of the couragaous, honest thai male victimized by the cunning and perfid thai women. Do the same for me; we won,t waste time on off-topic arguments.

Archived