What makes you come here ?

BelgianBoy

Hi,

I do notice different currents on the board the last few weeks.......

What made you come to the board in the first place ?

Did you come here because of the huge source of information on all aspects of Thai life ?

Or did you come here to participate in all the possible discussions ?

Or simply because you have made virtual friends here ?

Do you consider this board an info board, a discussion board, or is it the playground of a little clique ?

Personally I joined after a massive dose of BKK Blues, I got cured after reading lots of info from equal-minded guys !

And now I contribute where I can and yes, I did make lots of virtual and real friends through this board.

Where do you fit in ? Discuss !

BB

Hi BB

In the first place i was after any and all info i could find on Thailand.

Enjoyed the discussions ..and finally joined in.

I feel i have some friends on the board now ..and enjoy both posts on the board and via PMs.

The board has so many different topics and information on a daily basis .. :up::beer:

A number of reasons..

1. Up to date information on whats happening in LOS. Nothing like traveling half way around the world, catching a cab from the airport to your favorite establishment only to find that they have been shut down for a couple of weeks for showing ::

2. I brings back great memories hearing stories about the places I have vistited. Makes me feel somewhat connected, although I am thousands of miles away.

3. I generally enjoy the board and the members :D

BB,

I had zero interest in info on Thailand. I like to find things out by myself and don't mind the occasional setback as a learning process :)

I was mainly searching for a message board as I often saw my girl chatting and posting away and wanted the same with people sharing the same interest: Thailand in this case. She found this board for me btw.

Never expected to get addicted to nana. Funny thing is that I'm not a talkative person, but perhaps on this board I am. :D

The reason I keep returning is mainly because I enjoy the discussions and wish to keep contact with certain members.

"Personally I joined after a massive dose of BKK Blues, I got cured after reading lots of info from equal-minded guys !

And now I contribute where I can..."

Same for me, and I get to Los so rarely, I like to keep up with the play.

If it wasn't for this board I'd get off the plane and head straight to Clinton Plaza or Soi 10.

Cheers

Coss

i found this place very late.

only 3 Months before my 5th and last visit and quickly made friends.

arranged to meet a couple of BKK residents when i took a trip to BKK from HKT,but the fates conspired against me and i never made the trip.

continued coming back here as i liked the ambience and have made a few good Cyber Friends.

met a few Members(the London Contingent) and have a good time here.

i don't contribute anything helpful to anyone else and only view a very small % of the subjects covered.

but it's a good place to visit every day and have good fun with Members.

I came to this board for info. Before I went to Thaialnd, I wanted to get all the info I could. I keep coming back because I like to learn about the different aspects of Thai culture and how us Farangs blend into it all.

I have been coming here since the first incarnation sanuk fun in thailand site. I think that must have started in about '96 and after a year or two that had a simple message board. Things have changed a lot since then with the amount of boards and sites covering thailand. I think now this board cannot quite make up it's mind what it wants to be. In the past I think it has been too harshly moderated which puts people off and the restrictions on topics cuts traffic down more. I'm not saying I'd like to see naked pics or people naming bar girls, but there is no doubt in my mind that the board has started to loose it's way a bit over the last few months.It could have become as commercially sucessful as that old TSM site was but perhaps that would have required more than KS had the time for. It mystifies me why the pay site has just been left and seemingly hardly ever updated or developed. I think there is still a mention somewhere about the writing contest and that was fucking ages ago.-peter

Hi BB.

I came here as a naive 26 year old (now a naive 32 year old :help:) who just had his first experience of sanuk in Thailand. Like most people, I thought it was great and wanted to know more. The guy who introduced me to the scene was kind of lacking in knowledge himself, and I wanted to know more. (This was back in the days of the old Delphi board, I think). Anyway, it came up on a google search from memory. I read a few threads and thought that there was some useful stuff here. Have been hooked ever since! :banghead:

Also, there's some pretty entertaining characters here too! (98% of posters) :bow::hug:

And a couple of complete tossers who live in fantasyland and write shite, :onfire: :dunno:

Of course, don't agree with everyone's point-of-view, but interesting to read their thoughts on things.

But all-in-all its pretty entertaining - and a cheap night in! :rolleyes:;)

Fly P

Archived