new thai girlfriend

this is my first time writing in, but i feel i need to just to get some feedback. i visited bangkok for the first time 2 weeks ago, met lots of girls, and basically fell in love with one very special girl. we had such a great time together, i took her to phuket with me for a weekend. i really want her to visit me in the US, is that possible for her to get a visa?? without me marrying her?? this may sound like a repeat story but this girl is THE PERFECT GIRL and i want to keep seeing her. any info/comments appreciated ..

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey, hey! Relax, my friend.... Now comes the uphill struggle. Will not play the jaded and blase so good luck to you, stay aware and on your guard. Definitely, there is no chance you g/f will ever get a visa other than "fiancee", even if she worked 9 to 5. And prepare to be patient while hoping she can handle her side of the paperwork if you're home when she files for it. Not sure how long it takes, 3 to 6 months? Others may know better. Congrats on a successful vacation!

have you had some experience with this...you seem confident in your response. i have been reading as much as i can on the topics of visas, it is really quite overwhelming....

I have heard of guys getting their girlfriends in to the USA by sighning them up for a tour package. The travel agent there takes care of the particulars (for a fee of course). The purpose of the trip is for "tourism" only, not to visit you! This is important because customs will view it as a possible scam if she happens to know a guy who lives in the area she is visiting, so mum is the word there. Once she is here, her tour begins, but she of course is with you. I know people who have done this, and it worked, you can hunt around for travel agents in BKK who arrange these tours.

If you want a visitor's visa for her, the answer is no. Sorry.. Since you've only seen her once, I sure wouldn't consider a fiance visa now. Get to know her over the long term and if everyhing is OK after a couple of years, then consider it. You sure would increase your chances of marital success. The only problem now is getting her out of the biz, that is if you see some type of future with her. Getting her out though is opening another can of worms.

the problem with a tour group is:how long will she be with you? 2 weeks at most. About H's response, it sure makes sense, but on the other hand, 2 years 2 continents across, relationships don't do too well, there is just too much in the scene that brings the girl back to what it's all about and it does not spell L O V E. Even if you send money, what does she do, when you don't visit LOS, and being an american, may i guess you don't have tons of vacation time to go there 3 or 4 times a year. My experience is that girls do not understand the words "tomorrow", "later", "if" and "working out". But they will know you are serious if you commit yourself. All the friends i know who have thai wives had this special feeling about her that you had, took their chances and quickly started the visa process (the period of processing helped in sounding out her own real commitment). The ones who fail, like me, are the ones who "needed more time" and could not tell their g/f "i want to marry you, you are the one, period!"). Make sure not to sweep under the carpet any odd signals you get from her (not answering the phone when she knew you'd call, excuses for getting more money this month, but "only" this month "i promise", any up in the air, reluctant or defensive conversation on her part,etc..),they are the most telling about the status of her heart concerning you. Good luck!

It is amazing how many people go to LOS for the first time and meet the "perfect girl" and want to keep seeing her. Mspoonamore, you sound exactly as I did after my first trip. And I'll bet you are also not thinking correctly.It is extremely difficult for a "lady of the night" to be the perfect girl. However, I would also bet she is the best girl for "dating" so far. There is a world of difference. You need to educate yourself and procede with extreme caution while thinking with your big head.I highly recommend starting with Stickman's site on this subject. He and many others with much more insight than I, laid it on the line when I needed it. Did I take their advice? HELL NO-at least not at first. Should I have? HELL YES. That was twelve trips ago and in retrospect, they were dead-on. LOS can be a great place when taken for what it is. You are not going to hear what you want to hear, from me anyway,in reality, as harsh as it may seem,the odds are not with you. Regardless of what you do, it will be a great learning experience. LOS is a great place when taken for what it is - use the illusion.

I could'nt agree with land o Scams more .This is exactly how I felt after my first visit , in love , in lust , NOT in the country I wanted to be in & not in a straight frame of mind . The craziness does leave but it takes a while , I started sending cash ( luckily only twice ) , but then I started getting stories about sick kids & buffaloes & all that shite! I came to my senses , bit the bullet & forgot all the e amil address' & such I had .

I stumbled across the Stickman & it all became clear . Do yourself a favour , reaf the Stickman .

But if this lady really is that "1 in a million" then good luck to you my friend.

Take care. cool.gif" border="0

Archived