new thai girlfriend

zmikey -- Are you speaking from experience? How can you make a statement like that, based on rudeness, generalizations and assumptions, and expect to be taken seriously?

FYI, many Thai/Farang relationships that started in bars do work out and I am speaking from personal experience. I met my wife over three years ago and we have been married for more than a year and it has all been great.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pdub, i can see you went into it with more than lust in your eyes, and that's what pains me when i read countless useless posts about how much one is supposed to pay. The real LOS B/G experience is a lot more than being serviced sex and paying for it. You saw and put more than a mere 1000 bahts on it, therefore you are getting more than service, even if the affair does not last all life. you are one of the real lucky ones.

pdub,

i am glad you took the time to tell me your story....it does sound like the same girl girl, but i am quite certain it is not, and i am also as certain as one can be that my TGF does not have numerous guys on the line. My TGF now lives in Chiang Mai, and I call her randomly and she always answers her phone and there is never any suspicious behavior. Also, i talk to her sisters and they always have the same story about what is new or what they did the that day. One final thing i did, and i did it only once, was that i was with her once when she was checking her emails and i saw her password. i recently checked her email to see if she was corresponding with a bunch of different guys. I did it after i read a few of the chat posts that assurred me that i was getting taken, so my insecurity got the best of me. To my delight (and relief), I was the only guy with letters to her since basically the time we met. I know it was wrong for me to check her email, and i still feel guilty for doing, but I have no doubts about her sincerity and integrity. i am likely going to begin the fiance visa process, knowing that it will take some time to go through. the soonest she could come to the US would probabaly be March or April is my guess. I am not in a position to live there for a month, so if we are going to try things it may as well be sometime soon....

Hey, I'd say go for it, but be careful. I think the comments about her having a hard time adjusting to life in the US, and you both adjusting to eachother once the intitial rush has worn off - (you were on holiday, right?) are very relevant. The cynics will tell you all the girls are all cronic liars, out to scam you, etc. They are wrong... well, at least some of the time. Do keep your eyes wide open, and if she shows signs of the cynics being right in her case, drop her. You might want to have someone check her out in Thailand, make sure her story is straight etc... And try to be as rational as possible about this. Figure on 6 months to get the fiancee visa - probably the only way, but they are not hard to get - just take a lot of work and time. You could very well change your mind by then. If she comes, you'll probably have an idea after a few months if it will work out or not...

Dpub - I enjoyed the story. Good luck and I hope the outcome is positive.

Mspoonamore - My only recommendation is to go slow. Nobody, including Zmikey, can tell for sure whether this is for real or not, but move slowly for both your sakes. Incidentally, Zmikey, my money is still on your point of view about the girl, but not about Mspoon being an idiot. If he's an idiot, there are probably a few hundred on this board alone.

Here are some points that I think are difficult to argue with: 1) The cultural differences you find interesting and charming now can sometimes work against you in the long run. Plopping a rice farmer's daughter down into LA and expecting the adjustment to work out is just a little naive. 2) A lot of guys start their relationships with a Thai girl they like from the point of wanting to save a nice girl from a bad life. Once you take her out of LOS, unless the girl is smart/sincere etc., things can get boring for both of you and she will miss her family LIKE CRAZY. 3) Thais are not the most adaptable of people (see #1 above). 4) Reread Stick's comments.

By moving slowly you will better be able to tell love from infatuation and/or from the desire just to do something good for a sweet girl. Keep thinking with the "big head" and move slowly, Grasshopper, move slowly.

Good luck. Chicago Dave

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: chicago dave ]

[ October 17, 2001: Message edited by: chicago dave ]

Archived