What's your marital status ?? ** NEW **

dvarpala

I passed 40 five years back come the middle of next month. Divorced for just over a decade now (no kids, ever) and just beginning to wonder if the need for marriage is needless at this point.

Seems to me that bachelorhood at 40something is really interesting terrain. In my youth I was all about monogamy. That modus persisted until I hit the shores of Thailand in these 40+ years and now, many boards, and many more threads later it's an entriely different way of looking at relationships. No answers, just more questions concerning the possibilities.....

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Married? Moi? Uh-huh!

May 1985- Late afternoon: Stuck in rush hour traffic. Again. I take the time to look around me at all my fellow commuters. It doesn't matter whether they're sitting in a Mercedes or a Volkswagen, wearing Armani or blue jeans. Nor does it matter how comely the companion next to them is. Not one of them looks any happier than me. It was at that moment that I made the decision to do whatever was necessary to retire in SEA as soon as possible. Wife and kids did not appear in that vision.

Was it a rare moment of perfectly lucid thought, crystalline in its clarity, or merely a moment of delusional madness that has subsequently condemned me for life? I shall find out next year.

Thanks for taking part, and for your considered response. :up:

I'm actually rather surprised at the results here, I was expecting "Single, never married" (ie. me) to be one of the least popular selections.

Something of a revelation to find it right there at the top...

:devil::beer::devil:

Hua Nguu said:

Divorced.... Now living with the woman I divorced ::

I'm not saying that I agree with the following statement, but I once heard someone say that "Marriage is a good way to ruin a perfectly good relationship" - presumably now that you've lifted the curse, things have magically started to improve. :D

dvarpala said:
Hua Nguu said:

I'm not saying that I agree with the following statement, but I once heard someone say that "Marriage is a good way to ruin a perfectly good relationship" - presumably now that you've lifted the curse, things have magically started to improve. :D

Then again, divorce heals a lot of bad wounds as well......

I divorced my now ex FB, and I do get along reaonably fine.....

Even my ex and my GF met, hows' that for a surprise ??? and I survived to write about it here :D

BB

scratchless

dvarpala said:
Hua Nguu said:

Not mine, but:

"I never knew how good life could be until I got married...and then it was too late."

Archived