Anyone in Melbourne?

MooNoi

No worries. Just thought it might be good to have a centrally-located place to meet. Could be anywhere, I guess. But city / Darling Hbr / North Sydney is a good bet I think. In the time-honoured tradition of Thailand TB... up to you!

Fly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, (i assume)

During the long weekend I did some research as to the places we can meet.

VENUE

1. The watershed - Daring harbour. Nice spot drinks are expensive. $7 and up. Food expensive not worth it.

2. The criterion - CBD - corner Pitt and market street. Drinks normal pub price $3 schooner. Food average, OK for the price. Easy access by train, Town hall station. Pool tables and nice ladies to cast the eyes over. This is my preference. Drink drive is not an option in SYD

3. China Town pub - food is good and there is a pub opposite the entertainment centre, I forgot the name the food and drinks OK. Some how the clientele are less of an appeal.

DATE - as suggested 24th or 31st July is OK. My preference 31-Jul-04

TIME - We can meet early evening say around 5PM so that us drunks dont bump into other drunks

:: :: ::

[Not your average white guy ]

Hi

Date 31st July is fine with us! (wife wants to come along)

Most of Darling Harbor bars are expensive...Cargo ,Home etc.

The Three Monkeys (cnr George and Golburn sts)

A lot of Thais go there ...just down from there is ""Cheers" another Thai hangout.

Any pub in that part of town is worth a look.

SoiledCowboy said:

Check out the Jetstar Jetstar website for $48 one-way winter specials. Hope that you can join in when you return from doing the business in LOS, lucky you, and enjoy your trip, mate.

As for actual dates fellas, how does Saturday July 24th or the 31st fit in for a rendevous date?

Hi SC

"one way"...you want him to stay in Sydney ::

BTW...if use jetstar...do not be late for checkin...you will not board!!!

Looks like 31 is a goer :beer:

If you lot keep this up, you'll have an annual meeting to go to every year - Mardi Gras. :neener:

It must be expecially weird for TB - being one of the few *straight* males in Sydney. I guess thats the beauty of having a Thai partner - the prospect of running into guys in heels doesnt freak them out. ::

The meeting date is confirmed as 31st July. Now should we start a new thread for other Sydney siders? or the current crew of FlyPapillon, torneyboy + wife, SoiledCowboy, artiew ? should be enough?

TB's idea of meeting in the city is OK.

artiew said:

If you lot keep this up, you'll have an annual meeting to go to every year - Mardi Gras. :neener:

It must be expecially weird for TB - being one of the few *straight* males in Sydney. I guess thats the beauty of having a Thai partner - the prospect of running into guys in heels doesnt freak them out. ::

And this ...from a bananabender :neener:

Good luck tonight.....QLD by 12 ::

Annual event ...why not :up:

Archived