Africans in BKK

awayguy

hehe,

Scary thought i wonder why you would like to check into Orchid after reading that article ? Are you after the money in the heroin business or smile.gif" border="0 I can not understand how they can have BKK as their base i for one would never get involved in drug business in Thailand... Not with the punishment of getting banned to return to paradise for life..Phuuu another scary thought !

Cheers

I certainly have noticed an increased numeber of Arican and indians in BKK in recent year.

When Khun Taksin made his comments early in his term of office about tightening up immigration procedures he noted that 30% of all indian tourists become illegals.

I am sure the number must be quite similar from Africa.

The money moves both ways.

I was in a local bank today SCB and waiting next to me was a yopung african who did not look like he had 2 pennies to rub together sitting very surly a nd muttering to himself.

The staff were waiting for confirmation of something or other from overseas. Anyway eventually the teller handed over 3 large wads of banknotes and some coins at least 2 of the wads were of 1000 baht notes. Therefore there was at least 200000baht.

He got walked out without saying anythin and even without counting it.

I felt like running after him and asking if the Orchid bar was his local

• 8 years later...

Archived