EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

"why do they have to be so anti-English at times?. "

For once I have to agree with you Sayjann. There were Dutch supporters also in trouble as far as I understand, always the English ones get picked out in headlines.

It has been relatively quiet in Portugal, hasn't it? There will always be a few ones creating problems, but I have not read of something which equals before.

Lets hope it stays that way.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sayjann said:

a very small percentage and not worth mentioning really,but the BBC have made it their Headline story and devoted more than 10 Minutes on a non-story.

why do they have to be so anti-English at times?.

Because they're part of the left-leaning, self-loathing luvvie dominated media that despises everything to do with success, business, Americans and sport. Whereas 'the arts' and 'Europeans' are so much more sophisticated and never behave like us English 'yobs'. Ahem, weren't the Dutch boo-ing the German national anthem just now? Didn't the second World War dominate their supporters' chants in 1988, over 40 years after the war had ended? Yet you'd think, from watching the BBC, that no other nation behaved exactly the same way as us...

As you said, fuss over fuck-all. Bunch of nancy-boy lefty prats.

Ad far as I know there was a policeman stabbed who died 4 years ago during the European Championship, German(s) who did it. Dutch hooligans are notorious also.

Mentors, Turks were probably the worst during the last games.. Also, 2 unfortunate Leeds supporters were killed in Istanbul when they went to support their team in the UEFA Cup semi finals in 2000. Please, tell me of similar episodes in England when it comes to visiting supporters?

Don't throw labels at England. Other countries are bad, you are just building up stereotypes.

tables after the first round

A

1. Greece 3

2. Spain 3

3. Russia 0

4. Portugal 0 ::

B

1. France 3

2. Croatia 1

3. Swiss 1 :beer:

4. England 0

C

1. Sweden 3 :applause:

2. Denmark 1

3. Italy 1

4. Bulgaria 0

D

1. Czechia 3

2. Germany 1

3. Holland 1

4. Latvia 0 :(

Today the 2nd round starts with Group A

winners against each other and loosers again each other.

Group A

Spain - Greece 1:1

To Espana: with Paella in the stomach and Sangria in the head, you can't win a game :)

both with 4 points, if Portugal win tonight it will be a killer game between Spain and the Portugese in the last round

Archived