EURO 2004 - The Results

Mentors

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group B

Half time

England - Switzerland 1:0

Switzerland was the real better playing team, especially in the first 20 Minutes. Lucky score after the only first "attack" from England.

But how my team can win a point when we are not able to score. :dunno:

Good, for the 2nd half our Gygax from great F.C. Zurich comes for our only Champions League Winner bat Grandpa Chapuisat.

"But how my team can win a point when we are not able to score. "

You have to apply to be England's hair dresser Mentors (avetar). Surely, these guys are so vain that you could easily finish them all off in one week, and as footie players go - they would be happy so see their competitor go and not raise an alarm!

Oops, too late now as the 2nd half starts. Good plan for next Championship!

Cheers!

CbK,

a very good idea

England - Switzerland 3:0

What a great victory from the billionaire players from England against

a small Swiss team who have to play (again) the game to finish with just

10 players.

An economic and in the 2nd half clever victory for England.

Gratulation to England :cussing:;)

England again failed to impress.

i always thought they would lose against France and win the next 2 Games.

the Swiss looked good before the opening Goal and Englands defence was a bit wobbly early on.

James still frightens the life out of me.

after Haas was sent off,it was game over.

Switzerland didn't have the resolve to try and win the game and England just strolled away.

but i am not impressed with them.

now i know why i hate the Scousers.

i predicted 2-0 to England and that Barstard Gerrard decides to score and robs me of points in Zaads predictor Competition.

Croatia/France was a game i enjoyed.

i was really disappointed when Croatia played the Swiss.

if they had played against the Swiss like they played tonight it would have been a whipping.

the French were strange tonight,in the 1st Half they looked very good and Zidane was outstanding.

but when they went behind they fell to pieces and it took them a long time to get their act together.

Silvestre plays 2 Games and gives away 2 Pens......thank fuck he is more disciplined when playing for MU.

this Group is interesting now with all 4 Teams capable of going through.

no team can afford to rest on their laurels.

Mornar misses the chance of the Century right at the end.......

fuck me,he plays for my local Team and they moved heaven and earth to sigh him.

let's hope he does a bit better for Pompey next season.

No surprise England could hardly be bothered against the Swiss. See the experts verdict - http://www.euro2004.com/tournament/teams/team=39/News/Kind=8/index.html

In my opinion, everything can happen to England. They can beat Brazil, Argentina and during a [uEFA] European Championship they can beat France, the Netherlands or the strongest teams but four days later they can fail to beat a team like Greece and that is where the English team sometimes compromise their hopes in big tournaments.

All this makes the England team, from a mental point of view, a bit unpredictable because they rise to the level of their opponents. The bigger and stronger their adversary, the better the English can play. If they are up against a not so strong team, like Croatia, they can be beaten. Overall, they are a unconventional team deserving respect from their opponents.

Archived