Yahoo Mail Plus

stumpy

• 3 weeks later...
stumpdog said:

Yahoo Mail Plus just got much better, they have now removed all the adds from the Inbox and increased storage from 25 megs to 2 gigs!

Thanks for the tip, I just upgraded my account.

I also noticed that you can set up the account to send you an SMS text alert when you receive an important email (you specify the rules/filters for this. It costs from £0.10/text)

So when you're travelling, it's no longer necessary to check your mail periodically if you're waiting for something important - you just wait for your phone to tell you...

I love it when I'm at work and the phone beeps, and the GF has sent me an email - it makes the day that little bit more pleasant, knowing that you've that to look forward to at home.

:devil::beer::devil:

Has anyone tried the disposable email address available with the Mail Plus account? I've used another service called Sneakemail which I recently posted about in the "Software you can't do without" thread. Adikgede pointed out that Yahoo offers disposable addresses as well.

What do you do with 2GB storage? Can it be used to transfer and store large files quickly using broadband or is there some limitations?

Sounds good. I've really grown to like the disposable addresses to prevent junk emails.

Are you able to create base names different from your actual user name? For example if your true email address is keekwai @yahoo can you choose kwaikee @yahoo and have more than one base name?

stumpdog said:

Hi, disposable emails work well. You create a base, e.g. stumpdog and then add random characters so you may have stumpdog-abcde@yahoo.com.

You can email up to 10 meg attachements.

I will never use the whole 2 gig but I do have a lot of business emails, so I'll use a couple of hundred megs over time.

SD.

I have the 2Gb storage facility, and I can't work out how to get at these "disposable emails" - they just don't seem to be available on my account. Is there something that I should be looking for?

Regards,

Confused of Colchester ::

Archived