Firefox 0.9 - Web Browser

Straycat

I'm using 0.8 but think I'll wait for 1.0 due for release in a couple of months.

One cool thing I did was remove the search toolbar and configure a normal Google search from the address bar. By default it uses the "I'm feeling lucky" Google search. A large portion of my browser use involves doing a Google search then opening the likely links in new tabs. I configured the new tabs to open in the background, much better that way in my opinion, you can just keep clicking links and get a big bunch of tabs to browse through.

Configure address bar for Google search

Can't understand how anyone could use IE after using Mozilla/Firefox for a week. Going back to IE would be like going back to jerking off after you've had the real thing.

Totally agree, have been using Moz and Firefox/Firebird myself for over a year. Its a shame some webdesigners still insist on writing their sites for IE only ..... "best viewed in IE at 800x600". Just losing themselves more traffic IMO.

coss said:

Why?

Cheers

Coss

Darn! Another joke gets off the plane without a parachute. :( Is no one familiar with the great 80s film 'FireFox', with Client Eastwood as a bilingual Vietnam Vet chosen to go into Russia to steal a revolutionary new fighterplane, controlled by thought? :dunno: He successfully steals the plane, tries to control it and wonders why it won't respond until he remembers: "You have to think in Russian"

These quicker, stabler browsers are all very well btw but do any of them support DHTML? Because that's the kind of feature that IE provides which convinces programmers to create sites for IE. And it's a real pain in the arse designing for lots of different browsers, each with their own little quirks. Hence when you go to a site, you often find little disclaimers, saying you should use that browser.

Archived