Is Wayne Rooney a Pikey ( gypsy)

The reference to Gypsy was inserted as most people outside UK wouldnt know what a Pikey is, even some within the UK wouldnt as it is predominantly used in S. England.

That aside why is racist to ask whether Rooney looks like a pikey. You are the one subconsciously interpreting gypsies as being negative.

An interesting foot note is that Romany Gypsies distance themselves from pikeys/travellers.

BB these people are not poor romantic little gypsies, they are tough Irish who are responsible for a lot of crimes against the elderly and vulnerable. They are also very wealthy.

If they moved enmass to near where you live BB they would most definitely cause upset.

STH

'Well, you link the word pikey to the word gypsie and you link the word caravan to his mercedes'

these people call themselves Pikies/Gypsies but are not anything like what I WOULD consider as a real Gypsy.

the reference to Mercedes by STH is very valid.

the people we are talking about are towing their caravans with Mercedes,BMW's and the suchlike.

they have no visible income but are able to withdraw £100,000 from the bank anytime they like.

they have VERY expensive houses in Ireland but have decided to descend on a small English Hamlet and ignore all the rules.

they have ignored all the local planning people,local councils and local police and have done what they want.

but in the UK it is considered racist if anything is said about them.

the local police have ignored all the local population protests because the police would be looked upon as racist.

Guest lazyphil

Pikeys are not a race/creed/religion apart, they are often scumbags. I know Cottenham VERY well (I was raised in a village 3 miles away from here) and that area has had a lot of problems for a long time with Pikeys or 'mushers' as also used around there. The fen droves in those parts where they camp up the police will not dare tread. Nope, STH is not being a racist here. Not far from here is an immigration reception centre and its like a molotov cocktail......I'm not being racist, its just how I see it. One of my closest friends still lives nearby and knows the score....you have a few pikeys who have lived in this area for a long time, live side by side with the locals, drink in the pubs but these new comers are ruining it for everyone :(

Archived