20,000 baht phone bill

Fidel

A friend of mine just got a phone bill for about 20,000 baht for internet usage.

It seems that the TOT were routing his connections to a non- local server when the local server was busy.

They've said he's responsible.

Is he? Surely the TOT must bear the responsibility as they re-routed his connections, no?

Anyone have any experience of this?

Hi Fidel,

Somehow I knew what your post was about before I even read it.A friend of mine here in our same little vilklage had the same exact thing happen to him.

Seems that the phone co. was routing his dialup to Bangkok. Which was a long distance call from here. He went and complained and they told him that there was something wrong with his computer.

I checked the dial up connection and it had the correct number for the LAN. They then said it was his modem. There is no way a modem can randomly dial the same dial up number for Bangkok several dozen times. In the end they refused to cancelo the charges.

Nice little racket theyv're got going. It was incidentally an ISP that begings with C. I use the 1222 dial up now just to be safe.

Ultimately he switched his phone line to TTT instead and hasn't had a problem. The private telephone co. not the "state controlled one".

LL

Archived