Anyone know of the ADSL special off

John_Betong

>>> You can by a powered USB hub for not too many baht to take care of the extra equipment.

Many thanks for yur prompt advice I will look out for a USB hub on my next trip to Pantip Plaza or maybe Fortune since this is now one of the new underground stations.

>>> The talk of local net is the old system and no longer valid. There is now only one log on and that is for all service and unlimited.

Pleased to hear that and can't wait to be online.

>>> This service is for one computer only.

I take it that this means that a radio hub cannot be connected to feed numerous radio modems running simultaneously?

Cheers,

John Betong

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well finally got the settings for my ADSL fixed and have logged on for the first time

So I paid for 1024/512. I actually have 47/ 147. Yes 47 down.

In three tests I got 147, 84 and 47 down.

It is not great but they are saying they are having problems at the CAt end. hopefully it will improve. If not I will go for JI net

Hi,

What the fuck? Your's is working already?

Mine is stilled not working!!!

They told me that it was opened yesterday... and of course that's when my phoneline went belly up. Finally got that fixed this afternoon, but the ADSL is still not working.

Supposedly gonna get a techy to call me within the next 24 hrs to come and fix it at my place. Seeing is believing :(

Sanuk!

PS 47 down is a fucking disgrace!

PS 47 down is a fucking disgrace!

No doubt. That's BS their terms & conditions do not mention that because it sounds like a huge issue if you pay for a megabit and end up getting throttled down to a speed slower than a 56k modem!!! You are undoubtably getting the same speed as those who signed up for their cheaper packages during peak hours (i.e. no benefit for the extra baht!). Apparently they didn't think it was important enough to describe their own crappy upstream bottlenecks and just left that under "etc" in their specs and try to pass the buck:

The speed of connection is the speed of connection between your computer and True's network, not the speed of information download. Therefore the speed of download may lower than the connection speed as you applied. This is due to many reasons such as distance, computer status, server and router of each website, etc.

So this is starting to sound quite disappointing. Seems their bandwidth and customer service aren't capable of handling even their existing customers so it could get even worse.

I am lead to believe that it is a CAT issue rather than a True issue. My friends in the communications inductry say that it is well known that the pipe going outside of Thailand is woeefully undersized and CAT has no intentions of doing anything about it until they are privatized :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

CAT is horrid for sure. But the thing is, if true is not capable of providing reliable speed to end users and knows that, they ought to make it clear to new subscribers regardless if it is their issue or an upstream provider. For what it's worth, I have ji-net and there are no bottlenecks. Thus, it seems more likely true is the problem in this case.

Hi,

Replaced my modem today and it seems that that was the problem. Got online within minutes of getting home with it.

Browsing this board is very slow now though, but this might be related to the fact that I am downloading a big file at 110Kbyte/s :grinyes:

Sanuk!

Archived