Anyone know of the ADSL special off

John_Betong

Eventually managed to get mine up and running - Yippeee.

Tried unsuccessfully to install on Win XP, I unloaded and reinstalled everything umpteen times with no success, spent bloody hours trying to get it to go with no success so .........

Tried booting from Win 2000 on my other drive, installed and it went on first time? So now in a quandary.

Shall I:

1. stick to Win 2000 and the 'orrible task of installing all the programs again. Also trying to get Drag & drop to work!

2. Try and get Win XP to work with the ADSL modem.

It is enough to drive one to drink and the bars are all closed for the next two days so I will have spare time over the weekend!

Cheers,

John Betong

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Well... you could call their helpdesk... if you want to go insane that is :(

No real solution to your problem though. See no reason why it wouldn't work under XP, and I am sure there are those who did install it under XP (WYD, you on XP?).

Sanuk!

Ok if you are having problems with the ADSL modem I have done some research.. here are the settings:

- TRUE uses PPPoE, not PPPoA like TOT. So set modem to PPPoE LLC

- VPI = 0

- VCI = 100

That should do the trick. KS, try your old ADSL modem with these settings and see if it works..

I am using XP with ZyXEL 630 modem and installed/worked fine although did have an error message during install from their setup disc (have down twice and get error both times but worked ok both times). Am sure most of their customers are using XP so maybe this weekend would be a good time to try some more. I did not disable AVG antivirus but if you have one running you might want to try without it running. I did not have Zonealarm installed so maybe want to disable that if you have it running but not sure if it could cause a problem or not.

John_Betong said:

Eventually managed to get mine up and running - Yippeee.

Tried unsuccessfully to install on Win XP, I unloaded and reinstalled everything umpteen times with no success, spent bloody hours trying to get it to go with no success so .........

Tried booting from Win 2000 on my other drive, installed and it went on first time? So now in a quandary.

Shall I:

1. stick to Win 2000 and the 'orrible task of installing all the programs again. Also trying to get Drag & drop to work!

2. Try and get Win XP to work with the ADSL modem.

It is enough to drive one to drink and the bars are all closed for the next two days so I will have spare time over the weekend!

Cheers,

John Betong

Hi,

Mine was rebooting the entire afternoon yesterday. Checked for trojans, scum/spyware, nothing. Ran an online virusscanner, but machine rebooted before it finished :(

This morning I started up my PC, and shut it down after a few minutes. Restarted and it has been fine so far (about 1hr later). Still think there is likely something wrong though and I would *really* like to know what it is.

Reformatting will be my final solution, and I may even buy an entire new computer before doing that.

Sanuk!

Reformatted, got the newest windows and other programs and still having a bitch of a time with the adsl.

My problem is that the ADSL goes tits up and I get a DSN error. But the problem is I cant re-log in since the network still see me from the previous time. The only way to get back on is to restart the computer. Pain in the butt. SO I get ADSL for about 20 mins then have to use the old 56K modem to dial out.

They called me today saying a tech will pay me a visit. I am holding my breath

Archived