Anyone know of the ADSL special off

John_Betong

Finally got mine going even though it does appear slow (about 22 kb/sec for a 3 mb download) but it is consistent and far better than having a modem. I opted for the 512/256 package.

Just got my phone bill for the apartment and it was 753 baht for the month so it looks as though ADSL will be cheaper since I no longer require the expense of an Internet Service Provider card which cost an extra ~ 400 baht a month!

After trying virtually everything to solve the problem I finally resorted to reinstalling XP. During installation I discovered that I could not do it because I had the latest version Service Pack 2 (Build 8082) – have been informed that this is a Beta Version because they are having trouble with all the different drivers.

It was necessary to overwrite the existing installation. This I did and the bloody thing decided to delete all my old programs. I have nearly installed everything again but still have the problem of not being able to get my USB speakers to work; fortunately the camera works so it looks as though I will have to buy another adaptor or another set of speakers.

Once XP was installed I logged on no problem – during this period I came to the conclusion that the computer has reversed the role from a tool to me being its slave!

Don’t you love computers?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a note to anyone else tat has installed SP2 for XP..... Since the 'official' release has once again been delayed until at least 'sometime' this month, many of us have installwd the beta issue. Works fine on some machines, not so well on others, and yes it is mostly driver conflicts that screw it up. It does however have some significant security upgrades.

If you have probs with it uninstall it from the 'add/delete programs' folder in your contol panel. It makes a copy of the preinstall setting and rretores them. Saves having to do a full install or a repair function from the install disk.

I got my old local and international ADSL service with TA changed to the new all inclusive deal - took a week for it to go thru after a few prompts.... went for 256/512.

All works fine - speed is variable which was no surprise.

Also ditched the crummy old USB modem and got a Ovislink ADSL modem and wireless router all in one box at Fortune. Setup was easy and now can surf wirelessly in my garden....hurrah.

coops

ps could not get thru to this website using the new service. Also several anonymizer sites were blocked.... summy b!stards.... am writing this from work in Siberia ::

Well I have always said that TRUE is one of the worst companies in Thailand. I spend 4 hours banging my head off the wall trying to get this problem sorted out. Had to visit 3 offices and wasted 4 hours. Nobody had a clue how to fix it.

Now I keep on using this company and I am wondering who is the real stupid idiot here.

Damn they give me a head ache.

Has anyone tested true's speed for ftp or browsing secure web sites? At ji-net, they decided to limit these things to 40kbps (5K/sec) which is slower than a dialup modem. So yet another thing to watch out for before signing up with a ADSL package in LOS.

Oh, I should have mentioned. Strangely the ftp upload speed is fine on ji-net, but the download is the one that is limited! Try that if you get a chance sometime. Secure sites too.

Archived