Anyone know of the ADSL special off

John_Betong

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't know what modem you are using but my Zyxel set up CD has an uninstall routine that I used today so if you have such a thing it might be worth a try. You should be able to install software without modem attached and then plug it in and Windows find and load the driver.

My problem was not software (I suspect somebody switched the ADSL signal off last night) as was called later today to try it now and at that time ADSL light was on (was blinking before).

khunsanuk said:

Hi,

"Try forcing it to use a different driver; use device manager and let windows scan the cd-rom for drivers."

Tried that already, no luck :(

Sanuk!

Hi,

I have a Billion, and yes it comes with uninstall software. Tried that already.

"You should be able to install software without modem attached and then plug it in and Windows find and load the driver."

Yep, that's what I thought as well.

Got an ADSL light on Monday afternoon, but it has been off since Mon evening. I am assuming therefore that at the moment there is no signal.

Have a feeling I will have to replace the modem tomorrow.

Sanuk!

Hi,

"Mine arrives monday."

Don't hold your breath :(

My connection was to become active on Tuesday. It didn't, so I called them, they told me sorry, sorry, it will be Thursday.

Thursday, still no go, called them again. Sorry, sorry, will be Friday.

Friday I get a call, real sorry but it will be Sunday.

Needless to say I am less than impressed.

Sanuk!

Hi All,

Update: Saturday 24th

I have eventually got the landlord's permission letter and he would not budge from his additional terms and conditions of charging me 1,000 baht for the letter and 100 baht/month rental! No doubt this is to compensate for the loss of my current 800 baht average telephone charges that he stands to lose! The management had previously refused requests from other tenants. I think I am the only falang tenant in the 200 single rooom apartment block! They were afraid that the telephone bills would not be paid so I offered a deposit and explained to the manager that the apartment may benefit. I said that there is an opportunity to have a radio connection on the ADSL line and rent out modems to other tenants. I quoted other Bangkok apartments that already offer this service. Eventually they agreed after about two weeks - it is no mean task negotatating through a third party and especially when their native language is not English.

It was a two hour wait yesterday in the Silom True office; they could not find my apartment address on their computerised map and I had to go behind the counter to help them. I could not recognise it either so gave her my apartment's True telephone number and they managed to find it immediately. I paid the 1960 baht for the modem was informed that the installation would be Wednesday AM and I would be online Wednesday PM.

I have installed the Zyxel Prestige 630 modem and now trying to sort my USB serial port connectors :( I previously had speakers and digital camera on my only two ports. Now the modem introduces another connection that conflicts with the other two. Currently requires a reboot to get either my camera or speakers to work!

I read the clear and concise modem manual about the installation and concerned about:

"For Local net subscribers, this will be your default connection. If you would like to connect to International servers, you will be timed and charged accordingly".

Cheers,

John Betong

John_Betong said:<snip>

I read the clear and concise modem manual about the installation and concerned about:

"For Local net subscribers, this will be your default connection. If you would like to connect to International servers, you will be timed and charged accordingly".

Might this mean that you can connect at the base rate to the local server used by True, but if you wish to dial in to a server based elsewhere, in another country, overseas, for instance, that you will pay LD and connect charges?

Sounds reasonable, if that is the case.

You can by a powered USB hub for not too many baht to take care of the extra equipment.

The talk of local net is the old system and no longer valid. There is now only one log on and that is for all service and unlimited.

This service is for one computer only.

John_Betong said:

I have installed the Zyxel Prestige 630 modem and now trying to sort my USB serial port connectors :( I previously had speakers and digital camera on my only two ports. Now the modem introduces another connection that conflicts with the other two. Currently requires a reboot to get either my camera or speakers to work!

Cheers,

John Betong

Archived