another Footie Competition

sayjann

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"CBK,

I think the problem with sending in monthly predictions is that people will either forget to send them in or neglect it once being in the lower rankings...as in my Euro200y game.

If predictions are about final positions as you say then we need to wait a whole season before viewing the results and I honestly don't see the fun in that.

I think what Sayjann meant, was earning points every 1st day of the month. That's probably about 9 or 10 times a season and a possibility to earn points. Sounds better IMO than only one possibility at the end of the season. "

I have gotten the point Zaad.

But we are predicting the final table, so why should it matter where the teams are each month? And if that matters, surely there should be a seperate prediction for it? It does not need to be every month, it could be half way through the season for instance.

Lets say Aston Villa are bottom of the table the first 3 months but end in 6th place. And B'ham are constantly in 10th place, but fall to 11th in the last month and final table . The guy who has predicted B'ham at 10th place could get more points than the one whom predicted Aston Villa correctly.

That can't be right when we predict the final table and only that.

Cheers!

as you say Zaad,Monthly scores are only an update on what the state of play is.

just sending your predicted final League table and then hearing nothing for 9 Months would be a waste of time and boring.

Monthly gives it a bit of interest to see how you are doing,but the FINAL result will be after 38 Games.

this Competition will be like Bhat_Man's Pompey Predictor from last Season.

make your predictions in advance and then wait and see what happens.

if you predict a Team will finish in 14th place then it gives a bit of interest to you to see how accurate you are each Month.

but the beauty of the game is that every Season there is a surprise Team and also Teams which suddenly go a winning or losing streak and that can certainly ruin your predictions.

look at Newcastle last Season.

if you had predicted them to finish 5th then you would have earned no points for the first couple of Months as they were in the bottom half.

the idea of concentrating on the Mid-Table predictions was because people will predict the same 3-4 Teams to finish in the top and bottom positions.

i think there will be a lot of differences as to who People pick in the Mid Table positions.

the scoring does look complicated and i was confused a little myself as i typed them out but we done a test run at work and calculated a Table after 4 Games and we all worked out the same scores.

the only real complicated part is if you pick Spurs to finish 7th and they keep moving in and out of the 7-14th area,but it be worked out.

but no-one needs to worry their pretty little heads over this as it will be done for you.

that is why i will post the updates on the 2nd of each Month as it gives me time to check each Players score more than once.

but remember the 1st couple of Months will not be a true indication of how the Table might finish.

Teams will be feeling their way and many changes will happen before a pattern is set.

CBK.

the person who predicted Birmingham to be in 10th Place will get more Points because they predicted Birmingham to be in that general area each Month.

Birmingham will constantly score points for the Player involved because they predicted that they would be in that position.

look at the example of Newcastle in my previous post.

the idea of the Game is to predict the table now and see how accurate you are during the Season.

the Monthly Points are just a bit of interest to see how you are getting on.

how about another SCORING rule?.

the Player with the MOST CORRECT finishing positions when the Season has finished gains a BONUS of 20 Points.

a one-off Bonus depending on the Final Table?

this will be awarded to each Player who has the most correct predictions at Season end.

CBK,

"Lets say Aston Villa are bottom of the table the first 3 months but end in 6th place. And B'ham are constantly in 10th place, but fall to 11th in the last month and final table . The guy who has predicted B'ham at 10th place could get more points than the one whom predicted Aston Villa correctly.

That can't be right when we predict the final table and only that."

I understand your point...maybe we need to give more than 4 points for correct predictions, Sayjann? Dunno.

Sayjann,

"the Monthly Points are just a bit of interest to see how you are getting on."

This sentence is confusing me.

Are the Monthly Points REAL points that one earns and can not lose or only an indication to the final score at the end of the season?

the idea of the game is to predict the final League Table.

the Monthly points are gained by having the Teams in the places you predicted.

in a way you are being asked to predict the final Table each Month,does that make sense?.

the more Teams in the correct positions each Month,the more points scored.

if you say Fulham will finish 11th and each Month they are 11th then you will score many points.

but if they are always higher or lower than 11th,then you will not score as many points.

all points scored are your forever.

then there is the bonus at Seasons end for having the most correct predidtions.

Archived