1 Year Multi "B" class Other Benefits?

I have a "B" class one year multi entry Visa.

I have been told recently that this visa will also allow me to own a car / open a bank account / apply for a Thai driving permit / get a work permit. Is that all BS or is there truth in it?

ukdog--

You must have some sort of Non-Immigrant Visa to apply for a Thai Drivers License (along with other things).. You also must have a Non-Imm "O" to APPLY for a work permit. The Visa itself is NOT permission work (and be paid) in the Kingdom.

I'm not sure about the bank? I got a TFB account using only my passport.

--UPSer laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

UPSer you have wrong info.

O visa I believe is a spouse visa.

ukdog: There is truth to all that you've been told, but you may need other items as well. Then again TIT so some shortcuts can be taken depending on how Mars lines up with Uranus when measuring your krathong's shadow thrown at midnite.

I'd suggest going to ethailand.com and reading all dat stuff there. Theyz gotz good info dere.

<<burp>>

"O" is "Other". Not ALL others, but covers a lot of non-business ["B"], non-tourist [technically "T", I believe], non-diplomatic [anybody know?] classifications. Think of "O" as being mostly for family situations [spouse, parent or child of a Thai citizen] and you'll be on track.

On a tangent, most countries have a special classification for artists and athletes. Does Thailand give a B-subtype for them? Just curious.

quote:

On a tangent, most countries have a special classification for artists and athletes. Does Thailand give a B-subtype for them? Just curious.

Yes, they have. The only condition to qualify is that you must either be able to run the 100 meters below 5 seconds or carry a seal on your nose, which has a ball on his nose and stand on a chair on 1 pole. But that's the easy part.

Archived