Turbulence...

MooNoi

Thinking about the passport thing, 32M has to be light as that is only for 1994-1999 or 60% of the validity of a US passport (of 10 years). So my SWAG* is that there are actually 50M valid passports out there. That makes 50M/294M or ~17% of citizens holders. Higher than I thought...

Cheers,

SD, in full geek mode today

* = Scientific Wild-Assed Guess :neener:

EDIT to correct my assumptions/math

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shyguy, thanks dude, now that you mention it, I seem to recall something about that before. I do recall the 747 that blew apart near Hawaii, sucked a few people through the engine...chairs etc... one flight attendant as well. The plane was repaired in Oakland I believe, and a small plaque placed behind the panel as a commemerative. Only those repairing would see it. Or so the legend goes...

• 2 weeks later...

Thursday morning in the early hours was in a flight Europe-bkk two hours before touch down. Had the normal turbulences underway. I always have my seatbelt fastened, so no surprises. Until we were over East India and Bangladesh (from what I recall they had-have heavy rains) Suddenly my stomac went up into my head.... Wow, a hole in the universe....A thai lady next to me got really scared. Lasted for around 15 minutes, heavy shaking.... Seems we did make it alive....

Archived