Need help!

http://ssearch.biz/?wmid=3301

I cannot get rid of this thing. Comes up instead of my selected home page, even though IE is set to a different page. Many links direct me here, instead of intended site. Spybot cannot detect it, and I empty temp internet files, cookies, and everything else, but still keeps coming back.

Anybody know where this imbedded file might be hiding?

Thanks.

HT

IMPERATIVE.............. disable your restore in Win XP........... now boot in safe mode/with networking. Go to www.pandasofware.com and run the online scan. Most likeley will resolve it.

Other solutions are available, but the new hijackers are very sophisticated and often require specialized removal ware.

Let me know, I deal with these daily. (on other folks machines of course. ::)

Hi LHL,

Thanks. I'm in the process now of backing all my pics to Zip drive disks, with the intent to just restore (with restore disk) back to original setup (will lose everything). Have many more problems than that, including 'back' button rarely working, menu bars disappearing (including 'google bar'), wierd graphics displays, etc.

As soon as I get everything backed-up, I'll post here what I think it is, through running the 'hijack this' software, suggested by another poster. :up: I don't want to mess with the 'registry' files though, until I have nothing to lose by doing so. I always have my business info. backed up, but can't bear the thought of losing my beloved 'Thailand photo's'. I'd almost rather lose my business files. :grinyes:

PS. I'm operating on MS ME 2000

And thanks to all so far, for their help. :bow:

HT

"Hijack this" is the best thing to do.

Create a system restore point before deleting stuff with Hijack this. you will need expert advice of what to delete though. I went tru this too...you can always set back your system, back to your hijacked home page....

You will not lose any data.

I don't want to mess with the 'registry' files though, until I have nothing to lose by doing so.

You are right to be cautious when tinkering with the registry. You can easily back up your registry before you start making changes.

Cheers,

soongmak

Archived