Fantasy Premier League 2004/2005

ultras67

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply
frogpatrol said:KMan, the silverware is back in Gooner hands!
Proper order too Froggo, the 1 year hiatus was a bit galling to say the least.

Well my lot ended the season in whimper .. couldn't even send my usual end of season barbs to Bibblies, due to the shite performance this season.

Where did all go wrong ?? I think when the manager went to Angeles last January and didn't even check the team for injuries and suspensions. The gambles to try and catch up didn't work either, sometimes they do sometimes they don't ..

Still fun tho'

Congrats to Froggo and well done everybody else .. See you all in August or Livingstone's on Saturday..

Cheers

K.

kman said:

Well my lot ended the season in whimper .. couldn't even send my usual end of season barbs to Bibblies, due to the shite performance this season.

I wasn't going to mention it but...

:rotfl:

At least Racha can come up with a pretty impressive "It was the tsunami" excuse but you could only mumble something about being in Angeles and forgetting? I was steaming it in December, thirty points better than anyone with my Chelsea axis of Lampard, Duff and Robben before spending 3 weeks in LOS in January. Hey, can I use that as my excuse for losing? :)

Btw, wasn't chocosteve the most improved player? Even though he didn't seem to bother for months at a time, he performed well. If he'd tried in those weeks, he could easily have been in the top three.

My prediction for next season: Chocosteve and JBJ will be right up there (with me ::) as the Premiership becomes a much closer thing between 4 teams. (My reasoning: hey, those two seem to think the closest to me! ::)

Maybe Shilo's in there with a shot too.

Kman, Racha and FrogPatrol to be relegated? :dunno: Nah, actually I'll go easy on Racha as he least he supports Liverpool.

That reminds me. Good luck in your third rate cup competition this week this week, Arsenal fans!

bibblies,

Maybe Shilo's in there with a shot too.

For a newbie Yank like myself, this is high praise to even be considered a "player" in the next league.... but modesty has never been my long suit...so I'll have to agree with you on this one.

What killed me in this last season was a slow start. I didn't know squat about the players so I had to put together a team on total guesswork. As a result, in the first 3 months I ranked 35/21/30 out of 37. And then I started to get a clue to what I was doing and for the rest of the year I never ranked below 15th and ended strong with the last two months posting a 4th and 5th place showing.

This August it will be different. I already have a pretty good idea who I want for my "core" players, I have a plan on how to build a squad that will include stars, mid-level players who can produce, and still have someone on the bench who will at least give me a chance of getting 2+ points in a game when Fergie decides to rest his players....Errrrr.

I won't make any predictions on where I'll end up at the end of the next season....but I'll be damned if I will have to endure another season of 72 transfers.

12 1/2 more weeks

Shilo

bibblies said:

Also, Lauren was known to be out with food poisoning and you didn't change him. That's 7m left unused!

I knew he was out after I did my transfers, and reckoned that my bench would step in. So why use 4 points on a replacement who was not guarenteed to do better.. Would have done it if I knew that so many of my players would be rested.

'Kman, Racha and FrogPatrol to be relegated?'

excuse me...........that is my ballpark.

i am shit as this Game (along with all the others i take part in) and i am amazed i ended up so high in the final table.

will have to try harder to finish bottom next Season..... :)

this Season was a disaster in the fact that even Fiery Jack beat me........ :doah:

but i did beat Zaad....................... :chili::elephant::yay:

Archived