"what happened to the clothes I bought you"

pattaya127

"I have never been sensitive about gifts CS and I give more than I receive"

If you have taken the trouble to keep account you obviously are sensitive and are keeping a mental profit/loss account. Not a criticism, just an observation. ::

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree once it is given, it is not mine to delegate or controll. I don't feel uncomfortable about clothes, I do wonder about Bhat gold. If it is gone when I come back I feel that it was just a payment on account, not a gift. How about you guys?

jasmine said:

However, I do understand the point that if you buy clothes as (gifts-how I interpretted) for the loved ones and they turned around and gave them away, it is a little disturbing. Also, I do feel that I cannot understand why such trivia thing is important, sorry.

Jasmine

Let me chip in:

In my case, it was not a gift. It was a total replacement of all she had in her wardrobe. Neither she or myself wanted to see again what barfiners find as decent "street clothes".

One day, I asked her to pack up all she had from before and give it to her friends.

As a replacement came 120 tops, brand names, no copies (Roxy, Billabong, Rip Curl, Rusty, Levi's), 15 skirts (also Levi's and surfies), 10 dresses, 20 pairs of shoes, 5 pairs of sport shoes...everything. Underware included, whatever she wanted, I just checked there was nothing extravagant.

Note: it did not come in one day, when the cummulative power was in place, all of the old had to go. And it went with no regret on her part.

Only one shirt (out of 3 in different colour, out of 120 altogether) went to her friend when she got soaked by the rain. Never returned.

I really got pissed off.

P127,

I had to admit that first when I saw the title of your post I thought the question came from a girl asking you guys. But it is the other way round. Hehehe...

I don't have time to read all the post but I'll give my two satangs here...

I think it is two situations here, where the guys buys their girls ALL or MOST of the wardrobes as a PROVIDER to their partners/gfs (Let's say - as part of their duty).The girls have no means to by clothes for thenselves.

The other different situation is the guys buy clothes for partners/gfs as a GIFT, ie. an extra stuff to show affection or appreciation on a special occasion- once in awhile. The girls have their means to by clothes for thenselves.

So, in the first instance, if I were the guy I wouldn't be offended if my girl gives some of her staff away. But the other instance, I would be hurt if the girl gave the staff I bought her away. If I were the girl I wouldn't give that staff away too. They are more of a sentimental value to give it away.

GTG

[color:"red"]If you have taken the trouble to keep account you obviously are sensitive and are keeping a mental profit/loss account. Not a criticism, just an observation. [/color]

Having a memory that I give more than I receive is NOT keeping score in my book. I cannot help if my memory stills serves me correctly at my age!!!! :D

Jasmine

Archived