uk settlement visa for gogo girl

i have met a thai girl 19yrs gogo dancer from pattaya.(she has stopped working and is staying with parents in maharsalarkam.) she is applying for a settlement/marriage visa.When she is interviewed should she tell the interviewer that she has worked as a prostitute or tell them something else? i am just interested in peoples opinions about this.please help.i am a sure i will get comments that i am silly to consider marrying a gogo girl but i have been maried twice before to non working thai girls and it didnt work out.i am determind to make this relationship work.i suppose i am in love.any way im getting off the point now arnt i.I think it wil be best for her to just tell the truth about her history but if it affects her chances of getting a visa i need to know. thanks from somkit

If you say she was ever a hooker you can kiss any idea of her ever getting a visa goodbye. You say you've allready got 2 failed Thai marriages, did you get visas for them? not a good track record in the eyes of an embassy.

I agree with rictic. Create a history for her with a paperless trail, such as working as a street vendor or maid somewhere other than pattaya. Also work out a story with no loopholes as to how you met her. Make sure stamps in your passport tally with your story. Also they'll want to see her bank statements - tell her to open a new one in her home town.

The embassy officials won't believe you, but if you cross all the T's and dot all the I's, they can't do much about it. Well, they can, but you can also kick up a big stink via your MP back home etc, which puts pressure on them.

Good luck, mate.

Far more important than telling about her past is her track record with you (the embassy can spot a bar girl a mile off without needing to be told)

You will need to show that the relationship is genuine and she is not marrying you for the visa, the only real no-no for the embassy, they cant refuse her a visa on the grounds you are an idiot for marrying a hooker. You dont say if you were properly ie legally married before, if not no problem but if so these marriages will then have to be legally finished. I take it those girls never went with you to the UK, but if they did and they are still there then that will look like you are a serial visa supplier.

Keep all the correspondence you have with her, telephone bills, e-mails etc to show the embassy. They will probably have a good laugh passing them around the office but it will back up your claim the relationship is genuine. Photos are also good, especially of the wedding, and especially so if a few other farangs are in attendance, either members of your family or you could pretend are.

The bottom line is that although they may seem to the contrary, the embassy are not the marriage police. As a UK citizen married (legally) to the girl you really love and who really loves you they have to have a strong case to turn you down.

thankyou so much helping me.really helpful comments.keep them coming please.i think we will get married in thailand then apply for her visa.my last marrige was to a non working girl. when we arranged her visa 6 years ago it seemed so simple.

This girl must be pretty special. I'd love to meet her wink.gif" border="0

Chok Dee, mate

C.L.

p.s. I'm sure the "10 year rule" doesn't exist, at least at the British Embassy. I know one English guy bought 3 different girls back in 5 years, all with "settlement visas".

[ January 30, 2002: Message edited by: coltlongbone ]

p.s. I'm sure the "10 year rule" doesn't exist, at least at the British Embassy. I know one English guy bought 3 different girls back in 5 years, all with "settlement visas".

maybe in England it does;nt exist but it sure does in Australia, my first girl 2 years ago for 3 months , 2nd girl 8 months ago for 3months then again 3months ago for 3months now they tell me she cannot come again unless its on a fiance visa, and that if she decides not to come for me not to think about sponsering another girl for 10 years. And thats from the horses mouth!!!!

and for all you Aussies out there you will know that the horse is that mole at the embassy with the died red hair!!! boy is she tough!!!!!!!

laugh.gif" border="0

• 3 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Old hippie:

I wouldn't mention it either, though I suppose you will have to explain her employment history somehow. Better get the story straight between you, and keep it simple!

EU Human Rights laws enforced in October 2000 have changed the settlement visa process dramatically in the UK. Once you can establish the relationship is genuine (ie You have known each other some time - phone bills etc.) the bulk of the screening process is centred around YOU, not your wife, ie you have sufficient funds and accommodation to sustain the marriage without access to "public funds". Your job, income and home will come under far more scrutiny than that of your wife.

Best wishes

Archived