Would you boycott Thailand?

pattaya127

I boycott thailand . and every people welcome to boycott thailand

because thailand ( yellow party) not respect the Democratic.

I don't support color red, i only look same 2006 yellow party like to make problem and not care tourist come holiday for relax.

I dream for every people boycott thailand, thai people are racist , scam for foreigners, look one bank atm a much charge you extra tax ??

immigration close visa run only 3 times 15 days.

you need to go immigration every 90 days if you have business or others visa family and more.

you need work-permit , you cannot do every job.

when you win money tax and police and immigration corruption you for get you money.

why foreigners stay thailand ? only for girls ???

vietnam and cambodia have girls and not tax , not workpermit can do everything

and not expensif.

B O Y C O T T T H A I L A N D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vietnam and cambodia have girls and not tax , not workpermit can do everything

and not expensif.

B O Y C O T T T H A I L A N D

Obviously you have never worked in Vietnam, I have and am currently here now.

There is Personal Income Tax

In Thailand can arrive and obtain 30 Days permission to Stay for free, in Vietnam you need a Visa or a pre-booked Visa on arrival form and charges for visa vary between US$45 and $95 depending on length and if single or multiple entry.

In Thailand as long as paperwork is in order a Work Permit will be issued without a Police Clearance Certificate, Police Clearance is required for a Work Permit.

Any more lies you wish to tell? If you don't know then just SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Epic thread necro, in any case - some real blasts from the past in that lot.

Dear foreigners,

The 'anywhere but here' topic gets thrown around on TV with monotonous regularity and the answer now is the same as ever : get on a freaking plane and check these 'paradises' out. coss is one of the few Farang/Barang/Bule I know with the guts to try something different, and I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that there is an acclimatisation process - too many seem to want it to be 'like Thailand 20 years ago !' without accepting that there will always be swings and roundabouts. Nothing I have read about Vietnam in 2013 tells me I can 'do anything' there, and it remains one of the last countries where the old 'cop and hooker work together to trap punter in his hotel room' scam is still being pulled. My sole experience of Cambo is a week long visit to PP and I expect I'll be back in 2014 - cant say I missed it when I got on the plane to BKK.

If all I wanted to do was suck piss and grope women - as much as both feature highly in my list of priorities - I expect that I would be willing to settle for life in Pnomh Penh, but its amazing how quickly you take Thailand's infrastructure for granted. Little things like being able to leave a bar at 1am and not find yourself on a pitch black street, or being able to take a shower without wondering about the e-coli levels in the water. Cambo is still the only place where I've ever been poisoned, and I'm a long way from being a fussy eater - it definitely left an impression on me. Sure, the people are 'nice', but too many of the kids seem keen to stick their hands out as soon as they see a white face - I dont get that in Thailand or Malaysia.

12 months from now, I could be singing a very different tune, but for now I look forward to life on Penang with frequent side trips to LOS and other parts of Asia - I just dont expect the seas to part and locals to embrace me at the airport simply because I've chosen their little island to park my carcass. Crime/prices on the increase and smiles on the decrease - how could that be any worse than Sydney ? Anything that is less than a thousand USD a month for rent and an hour's flying time from Bangkok is my personal vision of Heaven - Phuket being about the only exception - but when I look at Penang's infrastructure its a no-brainer.

In any case, we can all rant about Thailand or we can vote with our feet - over to you.

Archived