Would you boycott Thailand?

pattaya127

I recall reading that at the time. Also after the big hotel fire in Jomtien there were complaints of rescue staff and civilians looting bodies, even to the extent of severing fingers to get at rings.

Such obscene behavoir would happen anywhere in Asia, Africa, middle-east, ie anywhere where people are very poor.

Not a reson to boycott IMO.

STH

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I live here a boycott is not really a legitimate option for me. But I am seriously troubled by what I have seen recently - very troubled and frustrated because I don't think there is much I can about it. Two other troubling trends.

First, there are signs that the economy is starting to stumble. The government has responded by, among other things, threatening to jail stock market analysts if the reports are negative.

Second, and perhaps related to the first point, TRT is starting playing the nationalist card hard.

Instead of participating in this survey I think I'll just go throw up. :(

"Second, and perhaps related to the first point, TRT is starting playing the nationalist card hard."

Gadfly,

How have they played it harder recently? TRT has been accused of flourishing on nationalistic sentiments since Thaksin came into power, but U've probably been checking the news closer than I did lately, please do share more info.

The raids and early closings are nothing new either, and i'm not much surprised on the threats to analysts.

"I would boycott Thailand if my house got robbed (including the safe). I would also boycot Thailand if some nasty, snake Thai bastards with steel poles whacked me in the dome and beat me down. From the true stories I have read on this board, there are some really legit reasons to "boycott Thailand". "

There may be some really legit reasons to boycott Thailand, but the ones U gave are pretty shallow. Could have happened abt anywhere

Me,

I wouldnt boycott the place as it is still far to impressive to me every time i go there.

I would rather try and influence the ways of the people i am involved with, not that they are anybody big. still I believe in intercultural exchange as a way of teaching and learning fom people otherways foreign to you.

Archived