Would you boycott Thailand?

pattaya127

Not boycotting LOS but have decided to boycott Vienna based on AmoresPerros post from Nightlife:

What about Vienna?? Was there last night in a strip bar. Better looking birds and more flesh on display than in BKK.

But 78 euro(4000bath) a lady drink. I passed...

4000 baht LD's... A man could marry one of those strippers and retire... :o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"4000 baht LD's... A man could marry one of those strippers and retire..."

Lord knows I've tried hard in my younger days, but those birds grow older as well, hence you'd need to remarry every few years. Plus a few more minor points. But yes, they and their BF are usually doing fine financially

Gadfly1 said:

<snip> First, there are signs that the economy is starting to stumble. The government has responded by, among other things, threatening to jail stock market analysts if the reports are negative.

Read today that the Thai SEC has modified their stance.

Reports issued by government officials will not be prosecuted, whether they have facts to back them up or not.

I suppose this clears the way for more false positives.

Oh yeah- analysts must now register and be approved by the government. I think this is new.

It would have to take something major. Something that probably most of the world would join in. More than likely of a politcal or cultural basis. Something on the level of the boycot of South Africa or Lybia years ago. If I'm consistently mistreated personally, then I'd stop going. Other than that the country can't get rid of me, I'm stuck on the place.

shygye said:

The treatment of Hilltribes?

3000 killed by death squads?

What would it take CS? ::

You're assuming I was aware of this before I posted right?

Also, not to belittle any human suffering, each person has to make a judgment for themselves. Thousands still visit mainland China despite proof of prisoner slave labor. Some may even say why visit the U.S. for certain things domestically as well as internationally. Each person has to make their own judgment.

Using your implied criteria, most of us would probably have to limit our holidays to Sweden....and I bet someone could come up with a good reason not to go there as well.

"I might add that my friend's child is black: it might help to confirm, in board members who know their 'cricket', a well-known deplorable side of Boycott's already questionabe character. "

Seems bad, and agreed! But he kept up to name?

We should make pals with people lastnames Sober, Recover and Dry...

:beer::drunk::beer:

Archived