Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

This came up rather vituperatively on another thread recently.

What is all the aggro about?

Ok any body can reform!

anybody can learn

anybody can change their minds about their former fuckmates

there are some big name ex- mongers on the board..there are illustrous posters who are happy with their(ex) bargirls too....will nobody stand up to admit to being a hypocrit?..cant we even discuss it calmly?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am an Ex-Church monger. I use to go every week.

I have reformed myself and I no longer need to go again. Ever.

I may go into a Wat, or even a Church from time to time. But it is no longer a compulsion, and it is no longer an expectation. Guess what? I don't even have the desire to go anymore.

I learned myself that church going was doing more harm to me than good - so I stopped.

I have no ill feelings about my fellow churchgoers. I wish them luck. I have not changed my beliefs or my value system by not going to church.

Maybe I need to go see Father T ?

Cheers!

Hi!

Some are and some are not. I don't have any problem with people who chose to change their life. What I do have a problem with is people who tell me how to live my own life. I think this is a major cause of problems in the world be they religious or political fanatics or just whoremongers that can't hack it anymore

I do find it hypocritical when people who obviously have move to Thailand for the cheap pussy post lengthy rants about alleged sex tourists.

regards

ALHOLK

At some stage, I tried to become an ExWM, not because of religious conversion, but partly because of concern for the girls.

But then one of them told me: Who are you, with your white middleclass liberal concerns, to deprive us of all the income we need to send to mum for sick buffaloe etc. We don't give a shit about that conscience, we just want to earn an honest Baht'.

So then this W MC L male asked: but what if I tell you what you're doing is not good for you, it has risks of disease and death, it is bad for your emotions and your soul, you'd be better off planting rice.

And she said : WTF, who are you, rich farang, to tell me what is good for me. I DECIDE!

Yes, I can be awfully patronising at times. I conceded. Now i'm an Ex Ex WM, and enjoying it when i can.

But I do really get pissed off by all these reformed smokers, telling me how bad it is for my health!

Romp,

Hypocritical regarding if one uses services and then criticises those services?

Can not one upgrade from a Toyota to a Volvo? All it is is perceived value. Maybe the toyota is better value but all that matters is what the individual purchaser is buying and how he views it?

One can get tired of the same thing or realize there are possible better personal options out there or just plain ignorant going in and then a light bulb goes off....

So a smoker is not a hypocrite only by saying he loves it; anything else (knowing that it is bad, saying he should quit, a disgusting habit, etc) he is a hypocrite?

Cardinalblue

CB,

First, a car or a pack of smokes is entirely different than a prostitute. The latter is a person, for one. I have no problems with people moving on to new and possibly better things in life. Progression is only natural. It just shows maturity if you can do so without looking down on the people whose company you once enjoyed.

Just like a self-made millionaire who thinks he is better than his former buddies, because he made a fortune. The guy would be a lot more sympathetic and mature if he remembered and respected where he came from.

Cheers,

soongmak

On an etymological note, from where did this term "whoremonger" come into such persistently incorrect use? A "monger" is a seller as in "fishmonger", a seller of fish, "ironmonger", a seller of iron, and, by extension, "warmonger", a promoter of war. With respect to prostitution, a "whoremonger" could only mean a pimp, a distinction for which probably few of the nanaplaza board members are qualified.

On the other hand non-pejorative terms for customers of sex workers do not abound in English. How about "clients?"

Khun Pad Thai

Archived