Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

and values...

-------------------

I think a lot of values are checked back in the hotel safety box (with TCs, cash and other.... valuables), or even back home, when guys come to LOS and hang out in P4P places. Somehow, that's how i read the criticism on reformed whoremongers who were part of the P4P merry-go-round.

I give evryone the benefit of the doubt, as far as who they are vs partaking in P4P, but that includes the girls too.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cardinalblue said:

SM,

I believe this is the crux of the matter where the two camps divide. A diiferent philosophical take on it and whether and how much does one personalizes it.

First of all, there is no different difference between goods and services. Am I not buying both? GDP calculations don't differ among these two categories. I do not personalize my services yet one can still show respect toward those within the service industry be it a maid, a waiter, a gardener, a psychologist, a knocker, a haircutter or a prostitute. They are no different each providing a service for a fee.

I see the split off when guys start to personalize those services into their lives and lifestyles. They start to want and need more than just sexual services. They desire companionship even marriage partners. Is there anything wrong with marrying your haircutter or a prostitute? No

Let alone one understands what they are getting and what fall out and stigmas can possible exist. Can blame society for that....

I think what transpires is that guy starts to identifiy with the girl maybe sharing same value systems, common interests, intellectual capacities, some type of social connectiveness. Those guys have in essence have adopted that girl into their lifestyle.

I think it is human nature to defend their newly defined social partner and the girl's world because it is now an extension of them and a criticism of that is also seen as an attack of the guys ability to choose and their expanded world.

The other camp is coming from the perspective that they don't bridge their personal life and lifestyle with a purchased service. They don't extend their life into hers because they feel they don't have anything in common or share any traits. They will or do look elsewhere if they are searching for dating, socializing or marriage partners.They didn't cross the line while the other camp never had a line in the first place....

It is not a right or a wrong as much as a personal choice each identifying what they believe is best for them.

Your example of the self-made millionaire is not a good one. It would only apply if the guys are coming from the same background and upbringing of the girls. I would have the tendency to believe most do not but maybe some do?

You are making the assumption that guys who criticize actually shared some interests, common values and social connectiveness with these girls. I would believe that most of these guys view it as just another form of paid entertainment. They never integrated these girls into their own personal beliefs and values...

Cardinalblue

Do you equal your gardener to a bed mate? Paid services? Has LOS made you that cynical? To me this seems like old fashioned colonial values.

Keep it, up to you.

CBK,

Actually I don't but those who take hired help do. Paid sexual services and bed mates aren't the same in my book.

What is cynical about what i said? I see nothing cynical about it? But i do see a defensive position that i said that occurs in your post.

It isn't prositution per se that I have that i have the big problem. It is the bad style, demeaner, and presentation that are big the turn-offs that seems to be associated with the vast majority of girls who are prostitutes or project the image of a prostitute whether they are or not.....

For some guys, though, their style, cognitive abilities, and personality are just what the doctor ordered! That's great.

As i said, there can be good matches out there within this given population for some guys......

Cardinalblue

cardinalblue said:

CBK,

Actually I don't but those who take hired help do. Paid sexual services and bed mates aren't the same in my book.

What is cynical about what i said? I see nothing cynical about it? But i do see a defensive position that i said that occurs in your post.

It isn't prositution per se that I have that i have the big problem. It is the bad style, demeaner, and presentation that are big the turn-offs that seems to be associated with the vast majority of girls who are prostitutes or project the image of a prostitute whether they are or not.....

For some guys, though, their style, cognitive abilities, and personality are just what the doctor ordered! That's great.

As i said, there can be good matches out there within this given population for some guys......

Cardinalblue

To me it seems cynical to buy prostitutes and compare it to buying a service like gardening. The prostitutes are human beings, when I read that people think its like buying a piece of meat I shiver.

Maybe its just me?

First of all, there is no different difference between goods and services. Am I not buying both? GDP calculations don't differ among these two categories. I do not personalize my services yet one can still show respect toward those within the service industry be it a maid, a waiter, a gardener, a psychologist, a knocker, a haircutter or a prostitute. They are no different each providing a service for a fee.

CB,

I like it that you don't discriminate between products and services and the people providing them, whether they are a waiter, prostitute or a psychologist. If it's all the same to you, i cannot see though how you could criticize prostitutes as a group. Or do you equally look down on toyota car salesmen when you have moved on to a Volvo?

Cheers,

soongmak

The other camp is coming from the perspective that they don't bridge their personal life and lifestyle with a purchased service. They don't extend their life into hers because they feel they don't have anything in common or share any traits. They will or do look elsewhere if they are searching for dating, socializing or marriage partners.They didn't cross the line while the other camp never had a line in the first place....

I like this remark and it's the closest to the truth, at least as I see it. like you say, for me there never was a line to begin with. I never looked down on prostitutes, not before I started using their services, not while using it, nor after. I just don't understand it when people don't have an open mind. You might think you don't have anything in common, IMO that's just because you didn't bother looking anyway. Off course that's your perogative. But there's just no need to look down on such a group of people, especially if you didn't bother to get to know them in the first place.

Cheers,

soongmak

You may have confused definitions of a root (term) with the compound word. Here is the etymology from *the* source [Oxford Englian sh Dictionary (online version)] Note: each date is followed by an author and then actual excerpt of it's use in context.

WHOREMONGER

[f. WHORE n. + MONGER 2. Now familiar mainly from its occurrence in the English Bible.] 

One who has dealings with whores; one who practises whoredom; a fornicator, lecher.

1526 TINDALE Eph. v. 5 No whormonger, other vnclene person,..hath any inheritaunce in the kyngdom of Christ. 1528 ROY Rede me (Arb.) 53 Lycknest thou to whoarmongers A colage of clarckes and scolears? 1603 SHAKES. Meas. for M. III. ii. 37. 1632 LITHGOW Trav. IX. 408 What was Clement the 5. but an open Whore munger? 1899 Allbutt's Syst. Med. VIII. 250 If, by their self-indulgence, the glutton, the drunkard, the loafer,..the whoremonger forfeit a future benefit [etc.].

So whoremonging (hmg), the practice of a whoremonger, fornication.

1549 COVERDALE, etc. Erasm. Par. 2 Pet. ii. 13-16 Nether haue they mynde of any thing elles, than vpon whore~monging, and other kyndes of wikednes. 1563 St. Andrews Kirk-sess. Reg. (1889) 189 The delacionis gevyn in upon tham..for huyrmongyn inveterat. 1893 Voice (N.Y.) 10 Aug., We would dissociate liquor selling from low, corrupt politics, from gambling, from whoremonging and from all other forms of immoral pursuit!

Hi!

Whats "whoremongers who can't hack it anymore?"

By my definition that is people who came to Thailand for the aforementioned reason and subsequently found out that they weren't happy with that particular lifestyle.

Whats the criteria when you judge people to have moved to Thailand for cheap pussy?

I don't judge people for coming to Thailand for any reason at all. I judge them for their attitude against others that come to Thailand for their own reasons. As I said in my post I dont tell other people how to live their life and I dont accept that others tell me how to live mine.

regards

ALHOLK

Ex-whoremonges are hypocrites if they still participate in some capacity in the scence all the while stating to others the evils of the scene.

Does not matter what theydid in their past. What is more relavent is what they do in their present.

A prime example which would apply to many boardmembers is a guy who talks about how BG's are morally bereft, beyond redemption and thus not suitable to associate with yet the guy will readily consider a barowner as one of his good friends or associates and even patronize the bar by acting as a tour guide when his mates come into town looking for booze and pussy. That is a major hypocrite.

About the equal to a clergyman preaching on Sundays against the evils of alcohol and drugs yet sips out of a hip flask when no one is looking.

This is an interesting thread. It reminds me of how people have called our beloved Stickman a hypocrit. He writes about everything under the sun concerning the whoremonger scene and then goes on to tel us how harmful it is for the young Thai ladies. I bet even stick nailed a few hoochies in his time.....he he he.

Like others on the board, when I give money to a Thai girl for a service, I do feel like I am helping more than I am hurting. Money is very hard in Thailand and I do believe that you can be nice to a Thai girl and buy her dinner and stuff and have a nice time without doing harm to her. I have no idea what it is like not to be able to give my baby a small pox shot coz I don't have 800 baht for a shot. I believe you can be a whoremonger and thithe at the same time =)

Rug

Archived