Are ex-whoremongers hypocrits?

MrX

Hi p127,

Read above. Stick's site is, IMO, far from a "prostitute bashing NGO" site. And that is my whole point. If it were, then I would be agreeing wholeheartedly with others.

<<<<It won't make me lose one minute of sleep, saying so, but it may if publicly, over months and years, I was to frown on the P4P scene, while still making it a mainstay of the way it is part of my business. Of course, it needs to be said i am a lousy businessman....<<<<

Well....we should then all tell Ralph Nader and Michael Moore to shut up then? Making a business from publicly frowning upon a subject/service is not a bad thing, in and of, itself. It can get valuble information out there to us, which otherwise may not. I'm not conceding for a minute, that Stickman's overall stance is negative on the scene. But what if it was, and he was screaming "all whore's are bad" every week? Because he was once with one, makes all his comments thus invalid?

Michael Moore once drove a Ford Pinto. He is now a hypocrite for his documentary on the Ford Motor Company? This school of thought just doesn't make sense to me.

>>>>I think you confuse what has been said, and the topic altogether. It is not about changing one's mind.<<<<

It *is* about changing one's mind, and the right to change your point of views/opinions, without being called a hypocrite, for doing so.

HT

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like running a whorehouse, and after you get married, you still run the whorehouse but no longer sample the ladies.

Something is wrong with that scenario - what is wrong is the part some consider hypocricy while others consider it 'changing one's mind'.

MM,

>>>>>It's like running a whorehouse, and after you get married, you still run the whorehouse but no longer sample the ladies.

Something is wrong with that scenario - what is wrong is the part some consider hypocricy while others consider it 'changing one's mind'.<<<

What is wrong with that? Guy gets married, and still runs his whorehouse. How does that alone, make him a hypocrite, because no longer is sampling his girls? A guy selling cigarettes out of his store, even though does not smoke, is a hypocrite for doing????? :: Someone selling beer from his store, even though is not a drinker, makes him a hypocrite for doing? WTF??? An airline ticket agent who doesn't fly, due to a personal fear, is hypocritical for then selling tickets to others, without said fear?

I'm out of here....I give up already. :D

HT

Stick's site....

--------------------

Again, i have no idea what stick writes there.

Just talked for myself, if P4P annoys me and my site is mostly dependant on lusty single males, i'd scrape that part of it, as i would see a personal contradiction, much more than actually caring that others find me hypocritical.

As for public service announcements concerning P4P: Anyone who gets fleeced in the scene deserves it, that's my motto. if you don't want to get burnt, don't put your finger near the fire.

Yes, Ralph nader, being a politician is an hypocrite, so is M. Moore, who definitely said, the end justify the means to defeat GW.

Archived