Indonesia Visa Woes

Guys,

I want to stay in Indo for 2 months, but I understand the visa on arrival is only for a month. Is it possible to get a 2 month visa still? If so, how much and where from?

Cheers

PS

A thirty second search yielded this website. It sez:

A single entry tourist visa is valid if presented within 3 (three) months from the date of issuance. It is given to persons who intend to have a holiday/leisure purposes in Indonesia other than the exempted foreign nationals (Free Visa for Short Visit). This type of visa will also be granted to persons who are employed in the tourism area (to arrange and accompany a tourist group, to promote tourism in Indonesia, etc). Tourist visa is not a working visa and cannot be converted into any other type of visa.

REQUIREMENTS:

• Application form must be completed in duplicate with two passport size photographs (2X2 inch).
  • Passport must be valid for at least 6 (six) months after the date of entry.
  • A copy of the airline ticket/itinerary from the travel agent.
  • If deemed necessary, a guarantee of the availability of funds to cover the living expenses while in Indonesia.
  • A tourist single entry visa will be issued for up to 60 (sixty) days.
  • Visa fee A$60.00 and has to be made in money order or company cheque payable to the Indonesian Embassy.
  • It requires at least 3 (three) working days to process the visa.
  • Payment of the visa administration fee does not guarantee that the application will be successful.
  • For those who want to apply to the Indonesian Embassy in Canberra using mail, please send all of the documents including the passport and return-paid envelope (registered post/express post) to our address:
    INDONESIAN EMBASSY
    ATTN: VISA SECTION
    8 DARWIN AVENUE
    YARRALUMLA
    ACT 2600

But I think you are in Korea, chai mai? So the Indo embassy is here:

55, Youdo-Dong, Young Deungpo-Ku

Seoul, Republic of Korea

Phone: (02) 783 36 75/77, 783 73 71/72

Fax: (02) 780 42 80, 761 24 48

Cheers,

SD

Hi man,

if you want to stay longer than 2 month I guess you have to do what I did for my daughter: go for a social visa.

you have to obtain it from the embassy in advance, it's valid for 2 month and you can extend it at the kantor immigrasi for another month several times.

It's a pain in the ass to do it every month. And your first visit there will be to gather the info of exactly what papers the immigration officer might want to see. If memory serves me right these were (all copies) the important pages in the passport plus copy of the original visa in the passport, birth certificate (funny enough not translated), 2 pics, and some kind of residency record from the sponsor (in this case daughters grandma. neglecting the fact that actually daughter was sponsoring the whole families food for that time). Make a whole bunch of copies and submit a new set each time you apply for an extension. The fee was 700.000 Rp each extension, and extension only granted for one month each. Extension took 1 to 3 days while the passport stays with imigration. But anyway I never had my passport with me, just a copy, and never problems. If you do the extensions it is wise to get the immigration officers name card (had his mobile number on it) and take it with you.

apart from the monthly visits to the immigtation office and the monthly fee and coming back a few days later to collect the passport everything was smooth. But as you only plan on two month stay there is no extension necessary for you, just apply for the social visa at you local embassy. If it's not too far go and get the forms, tell them your plans and ask what papers they will need.

You're sure you wana get married? You will miss all the other girls!

yes you should be able to get a sosial/budaya visa. Have your fiance write a letter of sponsorship and get a photocopy of her ktp. bring that along with your return ticket. They may ask for more, really depends on the consulate you use. If there is a visa agent you can use them, costs more, faster and all but certain no hassles.

visa good for 60 can be extended inside the country for a total of six months (after 75 days you may be required to pay fiscal).

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the embassy in Seoul, on Yeouido and asked for the 2 month tourist visa as advised. I was met by the most petulant little monyet (monkey) of a woman who repeatedly said "cannot" to my requests. Looks like I will have to get a 1 month on arrival and leave and come back half way through. Seems like overland to Malaysia via Medan or return flight to Singapore will be the go. Anyone who wants to hook up for a drink, please send me a PM. I will be there from Saturday.

Cheers

PS

Try another embassy. Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore. The service in Thailand is pretty good if you have all your paper work. Malaysia can be a bit of a zoo. Singapore takes a day with an agent (SGD 170) and up to a week without, they don't always require a ticket out (you can probably take care of that with a round trip ferry ticket from WTC to Batam) Can't your fiance or her family sponsor you? In theory anyone with a KIMS/KITAS can sponsor you. You need a letter a copy of thier ID and usually an onward ticket. They can express mail it too you or it can be done trhough immigration in Jakarta (more money and yet another calo)I know a visa agent in Singapore if you want his hp#

PS,

sorry to hear you got problems. Try at the consular in Frankfurt, germany. Nice people who took a reservation for a one-way ticket to Jakarta as sufficient, and were a great help in many ways to me. Sorry to know the people in the embassy in korea are more of a problem. Did she tell exactly WHY you can't have the visa? Did she tell you what she requires from you to get the visa? Do you think your profession as english teacher and being an australian citizen were reasons for the denial?

As Adikgede said, try to get your fiances parents to act as sponsor. Make it simple, tell you're gonna stay at their house the full two month even if you are travelling.

As I was confused about the rules for the visa on arrival I called my consular office and asked:

The regulations to be granted a visa on arrival valid 30 days are known and I don't have to repeat them.

VoA is NOT extendable in the country.

You can depart indonesia and return without any cooling period (month ago it was rumored in the web you'd have to wait 15 days before being granted a new tourist visa, but this is not true). So a flight from Jakarta to Singapore and back should be ok.

Fee is 25$US for 30 days and to be paied before going through immigration. Dollars or Rupiah accepted.

Sorry PS, doesn't help you at all but might make it a bit better known for others.

carlton68 said:

You can depart indonesia and return without any cooling period (month ago it was rumored in the web you'd have to wait 15 days before being granted a new tourist visa, but this is not true). So a flight from Jakarta to Singapore and back should be ok.

True, although last month the immigration officers at Soekarno-Hatta proceeded to give me some hard time as I entered Indonesia on yet another VOA, returning from Singapore later the same day I had left. In the end, I had to explain my intentions to 3 different officers before being allowed into the country.

On a related note, do not overstay your 30 days... As a result of an amateurish miscalculation I did, by 1 day (entering 6th july, departing 5th august), and was asked for US$20... Although I got away paying US$16 as that was all the Monopoly money I got and for some reason they weren't interested in my rupiah.

Now I'm back home and maaan, does it suck hard... Might have to share some of my experiences in the Jakarta -thread later.

Archived