Police Orders Posted at New Wave

shotover

Was walking by New Wave Pool Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 7 this morning when I noticed (and took a quick photo of) written instructions in both Thai and English posted on the outside wall of the bar. The grammatical errors are the author's, not mine.

" Lumpini Police Station

1. Before entering the official I.D. should be verified.

2. Such official I.D. should shows photograph and age of the owner.

3. The Club should have interdiction border for person who do not have such it official I.D. so stated in No. 2.

4. In case the officer signs out that there is a person who that not hostess the official I.D. inside the Club, the Club shall be close for 30 days.

5. The Club close on 01:00 H (no customer inside).

6. In case the Club around the person under 20 years old inside the Club during working hour, the Club shall be close for 30 days."

Not sure how to interpret No. 3.

Interdiction Border:::

--- To forbid or debar, especially authoritatively

To cut or destroy (a line of communication) by firepower so as to halt an enemy's advance ---

So they should have a line painted on the threshold beyond which only "Such official I.D." holders may pass.

Cheers

Coss

I think 4 may be "in case the officer finds out that a person does not hold id...."

In which case I suppose a 30 day closure is the right penalty. But it will be interesting to see which clubs have this notice and check the id and which dont and er dont if you know what I mean.

" Lumpini Police Station

1. Before entering the official I.D. should be verified.

2. Such official I.D. should shows photograph and age of the owner.

3. The Club should have interdiction border for person who do not have such it official I.D. so stated in No. 2.

4. In case the officer signs out that there is a person who that not hostess the official I.D. inside the Club, the Club shall be close for 30 days.

5. The Club close on 01:00 H (no customer inside).

6. In case the Club around the person under 20 years old inside the Club during working hour, the Club shall be close for 30 days."

Not sure how to interpret No. 3.

A 'sign' of the times. Couldn't resist the pathetic pun.

OCgringo said:

was this for New Wave only?...What did they do to get this special attention ?

Maybe because every dry day lately they have been open and serving until the coppers come and shut them down? They prolly got tired of them...

Cheers,

SD

Archived