Police Orders Posted at New Wave

shotover

shotover said:

Was walking by New Wave Pool Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 7 this morning when I noticed (and took a quick photo of) written instructions in both Thai and English posted on the outside wall of the bar. The grammatical errors are the author's, not mine.

" Lumpini Police Station

1. Before entering the official I.D. should be verified.

2. Such official I.D. should shows photograph and age of the owner.

3. The Club should have interdiction border for person who do not have such it official I.D. so stated in No. 2.

4. In case the officer signs out that there is a person who that not hostess the official I.D. inside the Club, the Club shall be close for 30 days.

5. The Club close on 01:00 H (no customer inside).

6. In case the Club around the person under 20 years old inside the Club during working hour, the Club shall be close for 30 days."

------------

7. Please feel free and make a donation (no coins :nono:) into the bag beside the door entry for the hard working and beloved TRT Party

I think No. 4 ("In case the officer signs out that there is a person who that not hostess the official I.D. inside the Club, the Club shall be close for 30 days.") refers to the law (or maybe policy) that bar customers must be at least 20, but hostesses can be younger.

This warped logic sunk in when a 19 NEP dancer I accompanied to the Nana Disco was barred from dancing fully clothed for a couple of hours, despite legally prancing naked on a bar stage for 8 hours a night everynight.

Fortunatly she was protected from debasing herself in the disco, and instead retired to my hotel room upstairs for a night of stimulating conversation (uh! uh! Uhhhh!)

OCgringo said:

was this for New Wave only ?

What did they do to get this special attention ?

I wouldn't be surprised if other bars with similar licenses got the same notice from the Lumpini Police. Don't know if translating and posting the rules was initiated by the police or bar management.

The barring of customers under 20 won't affect the nearby Beergarden ladies, as the younger beergarden worker has been extinct for some time now.

Went there last night. As I approached the side door (further right side) I noticed the sign - one in English - one in Thai. As I read it, a girls came up and closed the sliding door.

I went around to the front and 2 people were standing to check IDs. I didn't go in.

Around 10:00 PM I went back - nobody to check IDs. Stuck my head in - looked around - no problem.

I checked some other places - no signs. Should be interesting to see if this lasts and other bars get the same treatment.

During the Bhuddist holiday last month, when every bar was closed down tight, I walked past New Wave and was suprised to see it open with customers holding bottles of beer. I asked a couple of bar owner aquaintances of mine if they knew how they got away with it, but nobody had a clue.

David

Archived