2 weeks beyond visa?

Ken, Get the 60 day visa for peace of mind. It's cheaper than the fine or visa run and it's legal. Check out Bangkok Phil's website re his one day overstay experience horror story.

True, it is extremely unlikely that Thai immigration would look at the date on your ticket, but the airline check in very well may.... Malaysian Airlines do every single time I fly Aus to BKK, and won't let me board without a 60 day visa.... but I'm travelling on the return half of ticket bought in LOS, so technically I only have a one way ticket.

Good luck, mate.

quote:

Originally posted by robaus:

Ken, Get the 60 day visa for peace of mind. It's cheaper than the fine or visa run and it's legal.

I agree wholly with the majority of the replies. Do the job properly and get a 60 day visa BEFORE you leave. They are easy to obtain and will save you from any worrying, hassle or dodgy dealings when you get there. Ignore the bravado from the "don't worry about it" merchants - do it properly! If you don't and land an official who got out of the wrong side of the bed, you'll end up with an empty wallet or in jail.

Archived