Minimum Age of Consent for Sex - by Country

think_too_mut

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, TM, as you are a mod I assume that this thread will be steered down the intended path, so I'll throw in my 2 cents worth.

Here in Queensland, I had previously thought that there was a 'parity' regulation in place in relation to 16-17 year old girls and guys over 18 (the infamous 'dirty old man' we've all heard so much about ...), but I couldnt find this written anywhere. Its a big issue in the gay community, as the age of consent for anal sex is 18, and they dominate the results that Google returns when you try to find more info.

In a society where the kiddies are getting it on well before 16 (largely due to peer pressure and courtesy of the advertising industry's deliberate sexualisation of very young teens), I suspect that the legislation has some catching up to do. I dont care what people get up to sexually, but when I see a 14-year old pushing a pram outside the high school up the road, I just know that I'm going to be paying for that kid for many years to come. ::

Very dangerous and very misleading. Age of consent for Thailand is given as 15. Newsflash!!! Do not go around f*cking 15 year old Thai girls.

Similarly Singapore is given as 14/16. Same same, you will end up in deep shit if you pork 14 (or 16) year old Singaporean girls.

-j-

josh_ingu said:

Very dangerous and very misleading. Age of consent for Thailand is given as 15. Newsflash!!! Do not go around f*cking 15 year old Thai girls.

Similarly Singapore is given as 14/16. Same same, you will end up in deep shit if you pork 14 (or 16) year old Singaporean girls.

-j-

It's more about near-peers and their life. My gf's sister had her first baby at 14 to a 16yr old boy who did a runner.

Hmmm...now I see this is not sanuk, regional or whatever.

ALHOLK said:Are you possibly confusing the age of consent with the legal age for prostitutes which is 18.
Eh? Prostiotion is illegal in the Kingdom, therefore there is no legal age for prostitutes -- they are ALL illegal!

Cheers,

SD

And if you go into the further information bit, there seems like there might be an interesting loophole - the legal age of consent is 15, but it's illegal to have sex with a girl of between 15 and 18 on the premises of a place of prostitution. Does that mean if it's not a brothel or short time room, you'd get away on a technicality?:dunno:

If you read further down, it mentions that police have refused to arrest people in the past because of this!

Archived