Minimum Age of Consent for Sex - by Country

think_too_mut

It is illegal for someone under 18 to work in a nightclub etc and I believe there is also parental consent needed between 15 and 18 so even if you do have legal sex with a Thai gal under 18 the parents can take you to the cleaners... as many 20 year old Thai gals could pass for 15 there seems hardly any point in taking any chances other than trying to find someone who hasn't already been ruined by the scene or the locals

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The front page with all the ages written is definitely misleading. I didn't look closely at all the countries, but for Japan they have the ages listed as 16 for females and 18 for males. That is not the legal age of consent in Japan. That's the legal minimum age for marriage , and anyone under 18 needs their parents' permission to get married. Unless you want to marry the girl first (with her parents' permission), the legal age is 18 across the nation.

Osaka_Attack said:...for Japan they have the ages listed as 16 for females and 18 for males. That is not the legal age of consent in Japan. That's the legal minimum age for marriage , and anyone under 18 needs their parents' permission to get married. Unless you want to marry the girl first (with her parents' permission), the legal age is 18 across the nation.

You're incorrect on the last bit, boss. Article 177 of the current Japanese Penal Code puts the age of consent for sexual actitvity at thirteen (13) years for both males ad females (see Interpol Website).

A person under 18 is considered a minor/child. Yup, minors need parental consent for marriage. Articles 731 and 737 of the Civil Code provides that the age of consent for marriage is eighteen (18) years for men, and sixteen (16) for women. Speaking frankly, I married a Japanese woman who was well over the age of consent, and it still ruined my life. :(

There was a lot of fuss a year or two ago in Tokyo about "enjo-kosai" (old dudes paying schoolgirls for a shag) and so, I think, the Tokyo district law regarding paying "minors" for sex was revised and tightened up? But, nevertheless, the national age of consent remains (since 1997) at 13.

(Given that most dippy Jap birds in their 30s act as if they're about 12, :clown: fuck knows what anyone would be chasing after a 14 year-old for. :doah::nono::down:)

jack :help:

Let me get this straight. In the US, the age of consent in the state of Utah is 14, but if you're travelling abroad it's 18

ROFLMAO !

Seriously, I think a lot of these lower-age limits date back to very early laws, and probably only apply to things like arranged marriages between the Amish. Or rednecks from the hills of Tennesee. I always get those two mixed up. :drunk:

Archived