Crack downs in Phnom Penh

kamui

Hi Mods, I hope this post is not against board rules.

I just read another board on P4P in Cambo and learnt about an interesting developments.

- Svay Pak, KM11 seem to be closed for months and might never reopen like it was before, what I only can applaud from my limited knowledge about this place.

- a brothel in town was closed as well

- there are undisclosed rumors that other places will follow. Even Sharky's and Walkabout where mentioned, but this are only rumors.

- Martini might reopen Sept. 2

In general there seem to be a growing paranoia at this certain board, that every positive report about certain places is monitored by NGOs (?) and others and will result in an immediate crackdown. There is already talk about of moving to different countries or return to Pattaya. ::

If decent places like Sharkys would be closed this would be a loss for the Farang P4P scene IMHO. One author made a valid point when he wrote, that a bar system like in Thailand would be preferable, since this system gives the persons involved a kind a security and would even work against the terrible structures you'll find in many P4P places in Cambodia.

• 2 months later...

Archived