Best Car Rental at Don Muang?

Straycat

Most certainly not the best place to rent a car, I remember some treads on the car rental subject here, one from TTM, mentionning a shop around Ekamai, Suk soi 42? was more of a longterm renting shop. Do a search on car rental.

I did rent a big Susuki 4x4 from Avis some years back, positive experience but also expensive.

I was in Chiang Mai last month, plenty of rental shops around, small Suzuki jeep staring at 600 baht/day....that's cheap.

Budget is actually ocross the main road outsie the airport, a bith to get too!

Both places charge a high walk in rate. Book ahead after getting there phone numbers, and ask for their best discounts, they;ll hum and hah, then tell you what promotions they have on, book that over the phone, arrive, collect car.

You should get a small 4 door for about 1200 a day plus insurance

thalenoi said:

Most certainly not the best place to rent a car, I remember some treads on the car rental subject here, one from TTM, mentionning a shop around Ekamai, Suk soi 42? was more of a longterm renting shop. Do a search on car rental.

I did rent a big Susuki 4x4 from Avis some years back, positive experience but also expensive.

I was in Chiang Mai last month, plenty of rental shops around, small Suzuki jeep staring at 600 baht/day....that's cheap.

National have office at the airport (inside Amari Airport hotel, right accross the road, almost closer than a taxi stand from the Terminal 1). They advertise 1100B per day (7 days up) for a Suzuki Vitara compact 4WD.

http://www.smtrentacar.com/home.htm

Thalenoi is talking about a shop at Suk soi 40, QCars. It's nearby my place and I rented from the guy several times. This time I need a car from/to the airport and will try National.

If you are not too choosy, he would almost always have some vehicle but no presence at the airport. They have an office in Pattaya too.

Rates are 1000-1200B per day fully insured, every 8th day of rental is for free. Last time I had a brand new Toyota (like those new taxis) and he charged me 1400B per day. That same car was 1800B at other places.

Just noticed, they have a web sit, that's new:

http://www.bangkokbased.com/

The jeeps you can rent at the islands are uninsured. Add the insurance and you get 1100B per day - that was 100B cheaper that Mitsubishi Strada I rented from QCars and the car was big enough you could tuck the little suzuki jeep in the trunk.

(Thalenoi, you saw us with that car last year)

• 1 month later...

National have office at the airport (inside Amari Airport hotel, right accross the road, almost closer than a taxi stand from the Terminal 1). They advertise 1100B per day (7 days up) for a Suzuki Vitara compact 4WD.

After the experience, I can say that the office of National Rentacar is not within the Amari hotel. It's on the train station, reasonably inconvenient to get the car and even more to return on your way back.

They would wait for you with a banner with your name in the arrival hall, arrange to call them to wait at the departure hall when you return the car.

Other than that, 20K km 5-door Suzuki Vitara was 1100B per day.

Archived