Double entry visa

The only visa that I have experience with is the double-entry tourist visa. It wouldn't do you any good to have a triple-entry or more visa because the maximum time that you have to re-enter the country is 90 days and that gets used up with your second half of your double-entry visa. I think that you can get multiple-entry visas for working, etc. but I've never tried and I think that you have to have more info than a passport and $30 to get one smile.gif" border="0

I'm just wondering what the deal is with crossing the border [Cambodia, for example], and then coming back into LOS. Does the 30 re-set when you do that? How long do you have to stay out? crazy.gif" border="0

@ tik28

if you go to cambodia even for just 20 minutes you get 30 days

you need to actually enter cambodia, so you have to pay 1000 B for the cambo visa at the border

if you return on the same day, the cambodian immigration will try to charge you about 500 B "exit fee". Try to tell them you want a receipt, or speak with the boss, or wait a couple of hours - then you may not have to pay.

If you go to Myanmar you do NOT get 30 days at Three Pagoda Pass. You do get 30 days at Ranong and MaeSot.

Hi!

AFAIK there is a formal requirement that one stays out of Thailand for 24 hours before they issue an new 30 day visa. This gives the Thai border police an extra avenue of income if you return earlier.

To SamuiGeorge and Brink:

Danmark is a member of the EU and they get 30 days at the airport just like the rest of us. You might be confusing them with the Norwegians that are not members and might get 90 days just like we Swedes did before we entered the EU a few years back.

regards

ALHOLK

And to further complcate the issue...

I am going to the Thai consulate in Los Angeles to get my visa before moving to Thailand. I was planning on getting it around June 1, then driving to Oklahoma to visit mom before flying over at the end of the month. Will this month delay screw up the whole "one trip to the border in six months" scenario? Also, if I go to the consulate with the pictures and all, will I be able to pick up the visa right then, or will they have to mail it to me?

Archived