"Sweet Singles" ... looks like the real deal!

New Petchburi Pete

thai3,

I've used Thai Darling. (And another site, not Sweet Singles although I did look at Sweet Singles.) I initially contacted women by e-mail through Thai Darling, subsequently I bought contact information and wrote directly to the women myself. The latter approach worked better for me.

Neither of the two women I got close to liked meeting guys at meetngs arranged by the service, they were more comfortable getting to know a guy by e-mail and then deciding for themselves if they wanted to meet him. Both were irritated with Thai Darling for pressuring them to have the blind meetings with guys.

I think there's a message here for how to use such services successfully....

Grabii

thai3 said:

went to thai darling when she lived on suk soi six. Joined up to meet a new girl who had only just joined but by when the payment went through she was unavailable which looked like she was just bait. Decided to meet a couple of others at her condo which was quite uncomfortable. Neither seemed to know anything about me and one left it until I was leaving to ask what country I came from. One moaned about how far she had had to come and how much the fare was.I wondered if perhaps some of these girls get paid to turn up? They looked so different from the pics that I even thought they were not the right girls-peter

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thai3,

I think it takes a good deal of luck to meet the right person, and know that you've met the right person, through these match-making sites. It also takes a good deal of luck to meet the right person, and know that you've met the right person, by making annual 2-week visits to Thailand. No matter how you meet a woman, it takes a lot of luck to know...!

I don't consider months of e-mails to be a waste of time. No matter how one is first introduced to a woman, when two people are thousands of miles apart e-mail, phone calls, and post are the only way to explore another person and develop a relationship. Most contacts, no matter how they're made, and most relationships, no matter how they're developed, are going to culminate with no good result - if one defines 'good result' as finding the woman one wants to marry.

If one meets a woman in a way that turns her off, how likely is it that she is going to be open and receptive to the introduction? It's an added hurdle to be overcome, I think.

No matter how one does it, it takes good luck.

Grabii

thai3 said:

Iv'e tried it both ways and still not met anyone that way. At least if you do meet first it avoids a lot of wasted time sending emails to someone for months on end to no good result.I might have another look at TD though-peter

• 2 weeks later...

"Some nice pics on the site but it must be the most complicated pricing structure I have ever seen on a site like this"

I have also checked out both sites (Thai Darling and Sweet Singles) I also get really confused by the pricing policies. Kinda remeinds me of the go go where you pay 500 baht barfine for regular girl and 600 baht barfine for special girl.

I have experience using Cherry Blossoms before and I thought it was a very good service. No gimmics. Easy to understand!

Rug

Yes you are right, it's a bit of a lottery but the more times you play and the longer the more chance of hitting the jackpot. Last year I emailed over 100 girls on various sites and had very little reponse. I have tried thai darling again this week and was impressed when they all replied. However one asked me to support her in the first email, another wanted a computer in her second email, a couple just not interested and so on. I have not looked at cherry blossoms for a long time so i'll have a look there next-peter

thai3,

Agree with your lottery analogy. Would like to add that one can 'hit' on their first play or never hit after playing for a lifetime.

Glad to hear that the girls who were looking for something other than romance showed their true intentions and took themselves out of the game quickly. before you invested too much time in them.

Good luck in your quest.

Grabii

thai3 said:

Yes you are right, it's a bit of a lottery but the more times you play and the longer the more chance of hitting the jackpot. Last year I emailed over 100 girls on various sites and had very little reponse. I have tried thai darling again this week and was impressed when they all replied. However one asked me to support her in the first email, another wanted a computer in her second email, a couple just not interested and so on. I have not looked at cherry blossoms for a long time so i'll have a look there next-peter

One problem that lies with dating agencies is that the women are joining them because they realize it can be their meal ticket and they do in fact execute their plan...

Compare that to mainstream girls who don't join and you will meet girls who won't ask you for things/monies even though they will be just as poor as some of the girls who joined the agencies.

For someone who doesn't live here, it is very difficult to meet regular girls and who aren't looking for financial security even though their wants aren't any different than the dating girls. They just don't express it or too humble, proud, shy, etc. But these will be the very girls one wants to meet!

It is somewhat a catch 22 problem. It is easy to meet dating girls but these are not the type of girls one wants to meet in the first place (meaning financially driven attitudes to join the agency in the first place). It took me 25 girls to meet one that stood out.

I think if one goes random, one will meet someone quicker than going thru an agency though the individual rejections will be much greater (as one will meet girls who aren't interested in you or your money).

The odds go up considerable if one has screening mechanisms or filters in place like work or networking. It eliminates all the uninterested ones from the start and saves you that headache and uncertainty of dealing with the random population.

Best bet: internal networking....

With the agencies one just needs to way through a lot of chaffe and put the time in but it can be done. Just persevere and be discipline and that puts you in a better position if and when that person or persons come along...

cardinalblue

I don't understand how dating agencies can survive nowadays. Why enrol in one of those joints when it's just so easy to use the net. ::

For example everyone's got easy access to Yahoo. All you need is a yahoo account and you can put your own profile on line with them, eg drunken bum seeks woman with own off licence, and if you subscribe for a nominal fee you can access their database of hotties looking for lurve. :)

For guys in the states with a plethora of asian babes I would say it's a no brainer. It's us cold northern Europeans who don't have access to thousands and thousands of hot-pants wearing oriental chicks that have the greatest need. However having had a quick shufti this am I was pleasantly surprised to discover a veritable wealth of UK based Asian hunnies although unfortunately none specifically Thai/lao. ::

(That reminds me, on ASFO a few years ago there used to be a guy who posted links to custom car weekends frequented by American Asian laydeez who paraded around in very little indeed. Anyone recall the link?)

I don't think you can paint all the agency gals as meal ticket gold diggers, but you have a point. Reading the reasons for wanting to meet a falang they always give reasons other than financial, but you always wonder what the motivation is. I just had a real shock with the latest site which was not about money. I messaged a fantstic looking girl with degree teaching something impressive for the last few days. I asked her to send some other pics and when I got them I nearly fell off the sofa. My god she must have been comfort eating for years-gone from a waif to miss piggy-shit. Better to meet them in person, but sadly i have no skills in that department-peter

Archived