Kwanteen

John_Betong

Hmm...ok, I'll give it a try....it's a non-formal word when someone is annoying/bothersome/harrassing/make trouble but in a sort of "sanuk" way. It's not very serious to be called "kuantin", but it's also not very good.

Example: A Westerner is drunk with big gestures, talk loud and make dirty jokes.

"Oi....farang kuantin maak leu"

Do you recognize the situation? ;)

Or, another example, if you've seen the movie Ong Bak; the bald guy that does not want to admit he is from is from Isaan (his nick name in the movie is "Ham Lae"), is a very good example of a "kuantin" character through out the movie.

¡Ç¹µÕ¹

to ask for a kick in the pants; bring trouble upon one?s self

guan: to vex, to bother, to annoy, disturb, harass, cause trouble

dteen: foot, feet

Definition from thai-language.com

Guan dteen

In my experience any expression composed of words including Dteen for feet is quite negative. E.g. Son dteen

The word Dteen itself is crude when used about people`s feet.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

• 3 weeks later...

[color:"red"]In my experience any expression composed of words including Dteen for feet is quite negative. E.g. Son dteen

[/color]

Very negative indeed, no respect at all.

I have often wondered how some of these men know such words, then a couple people told me that many Thai women use such words, they would not dare use them with any Thai man but with "Farangs", no man's land there for a lot of women. :(:rolleyes: No respect. :doah:

Jasmine

jasmine said:

[color:"red"]In my experience any expression composed of words including Dteen for feet is quite negative. E.g. Son dteen

[/color]

Very negative indeed, no respect at all.

I have often wondered how some of these men know such words, then a couple people told me that many Thai women use such words, they would not dare use them with any Thai man but with "Farangs", no man's land there for a lot of women. :(:rolleyes: No respect. :doah:

Jasmine

it's the typical bar girl slang :down:

Archived