Non-immigrant visa & drivers licenses

You can buy a UN International Driving Permit in Bangkok. It used to cost Bht 5,000 it would probably cost more like Bht 10,000 now.

noe idea...

all moi knuws iz dat when moi ride moi's bike 2 BKK

with a singapolien lisend...

izs works..

zee onlee problemo iz zee stuipdo law..

dunno dat bikers nok allowed on outside 3rd lane!

You can buy a UN International Driving Permit in Bangkok. It used to cost Bht 5,000 it would probably cost more like Bht 10,000 now

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

F&*^^*G hell

Only 3 years ago I could get them for 500B

If you live in Ontario and have had a previous license, you can most likely just go to the DMV and get a new one. You will still be on the computer. I've done this several times in BC and the Yukon after having been away on extended Asian sojourns.

(Of course if you owe a slew of park tickets or have a few impaired charges still hanging, one could open up a messy pile of worms.)

Just a funny story...a few years ago I was renting a jeep in Phuket Town and the jeep renter wanted to keep my US license as collateral. Not wanting to leave it I ask, "Don't I need my license to drive in Thailand?" To which he replied,"No, you can drive in Thailand without a license." Kind of surprised, I then asked,"What about if I get stopped by the police." I recieved the the classic Thai response,"Oh, if police stop you, then you need a license."

Where does that train stop? Ans: At the station.

Why aren't those guys working? Ans: Because they stopped.

laugh.gif" border="0 Guido.

All

I came across this webpage today. Seems all you need is 105 THB, some paperwork and a couple of photos...... and the ability to read Thai.

web page

[ June 16, 2001: Message edited by: coquetislander ]

Archived