Investing in Thailand

Not to throw additional cold water, but there is a Private Schools Act in Thailand. I am not clear on the details, but certain approvals are required to officially start a school. I believe there is also a requirement as to hiring a certain number of Thai nationals, etc.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
www.thaistocks.com

This is a website. The original creator is a stock picker from the US. He is a well known man in the international arena. He picks small company Thai stocks. He is up 100% in the past two years.

AND, I must confer with all of the "cynical" shall I say, "WISE" people who tell you not to invest. If you spent any time at Thai schools, you would see what the country is producing as HUMAN CAPITAL. For a much smaller fee, a company can hire Chinese for a fraction of the cost. Thailand cannot and will not compete in the world of international business. The Thai government canot compete because all of tehcrea gets skimmed off first.

dereksharron@hotmail.com

Calvino earlier and correctly observed that: "Just to get back on track a little I believe the first poster was talking about stocks." There had been a number of posts complaining about barriers to foreigners.

There is an excellent editorial in the current edition of the Far Eastern Economic Review (see p. 8) that brings these two themes together with its comments on a new instrument available in Thailand, the NVDR. Read the article, its excellent. If you don't have time, just consider the headline, which says it all: "Thailand's Market - Buy some shares, get no rights."

Archived