THe hammer has fallen on nightlife

BKK_DJ

?The head of Phuket's tourism association was predicting a massive decrease in tourism if closing times are moved to 12 midnight. Now if most people are here for temples and beaches, why would the tourism industry's head in Phuket be so concerned??

Not disagreeing with anything you said here - and let me add that I know virtually nothing of Phuket having never even visited the place. However, I understand Phuket?s tourist business has been on the decline for the past year or two. SARS certainly hurt them last year, but I understand a more serious problem for them is many regular visitors are staying away these days because they are fed up with the price gouging and rip-offs that are so common there. The place seems to have developed a reputation of being over priced - perhaps someone who lives there or visits often could chime in here?

So, yeah, combine an already slumping tourist business with earlier closing times and I can understand why Phuket?s tourism association would have reason for deep concern.

ST

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived