THe hammer has fallen on nightlife

BKK_DJ

The sentiment amongst the Thai comedians I work with at Rama IX cafe is. ....... angry .... pissed off ....... should I say ....... wanting to do something serious to a certain person's limbs. Many will be out of a job because of this 12 to 2 were the hours we have most of our work!

CM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well the comedians will just have to incorporate a musical instrument, say a ukelele, into their act. Then they could be classified as a 'live band' and get lots of work. Or add a wooden headed Toxin dummy playing a harmonica as a sidekick.

It will be a time for creative solutions.

O.k. so basically, they are going to move the nightlife to a new (or a few new) areas. So where does this spell the end of night life? we will just have to find new hotels closer, or learn enough Thai to tell Taxi drivers where to take us...Nana (except for a few bars) basically opens 6p.m.-1 a.m. now, as does Cowboy. PP about the same. So really I see nothing new other than the change in geographic locale, and no doubt higher prices...

Look gentlemen,

The answer is for all of you to move to Pattaya!

Friday night meetings at Shenanigans ?

... the pork chop special is gone ... now, it's "Popeye Pie.' :up:

Live music starts at 10pm ... but, I would expect most would be running 'wild in the streets' way before that !

:grinyes:

We would need the NPF T shirts in Pattaya ! :cover::beer:

It all depends upon what the Thais feel they can afford. When they feel they can do without the bad rep they have abroad, farang nitelife will be closed. Thailand is a country which always has adapted. Some of you might remember Ermita in Manila. It was closed down virtually overnight.

This is a discussion which comes again and again here. Family and other tourism will eventually kill off farang nitelife. Already, backpackers and people going to islands in the south are higher in numbers than the sanukers. Wouldn't invest in a bar in PP or Nana now.

But, no problem - seasoned ones will move into Thai nitelife. Which will always be there. So no reason to moan!

Cheers!

ND..I am wearying myself and I am afraid you too by going on about this but

The new stealth, subtle. masterplan edict seems to include the upscale bars too (q bar etc). Anybody not a lunatic would know that they represent just the sort of night life post-orgiastic Bangkok should be encouraging....half true for 33 too....so it is raining on the good and the wicked...

IMHO this is all about money and dodgy business deals/ speculation at ruling elite level which are somehow favoured by the new regulations....

What I dont understand about you, since you come over as a worldly chap, is why you appear believe the powers are suddenly socially responsible and no longer ruthlessly self-seeking ..This is Thailand (and many other palces in the world incidentally)

shygye said:

Crime rate will increase due to reduced incomes.

Las Vegas has shown that family tourism is a low profit biz. That is why they are now advertising the "sinful" Vegas.

Doubt it. You can't compare Vegas to Thailand. There is hardly anything in Vegas except nitelife. There is not a huge market for foreigners there either. The average family who drops into Thailand will spend more than sanukers when it comes to hotels, transportation. You don't have to move your ass far to f*ck hookers, and most do spend their money on the girls.

It will be the opposite, face it - its a more clean business than dealing with prostitutes and seedy nitelife. Thats one of the points with the opening hours, isn't it?

Added: This is a trend over time, not tomorrow. It moves towards it. Thais are too clever to move fast in these matters.

Archived