What Religion are you?

Torneyboy

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing wrong with discussing at all, but saying "Any fool can see the only thing which makes any sense is Budhhism, all the others are dictatorships" is not really discussing but degenerating other religions.

I respect any person who beleives in his religion and follows the good points, which I thnk most religions have,

Those that follow the stupid parts, such as Southern USA States who lynched black's and justified it by the bible, the buddhists in Sri lanka who have used violence, and the Muslims who justify killing are not worthy of any respect.

By the same token I know people from the three examples who lead great lives doing wonderful things in the names of their gods, good on them!

DOG

What you seem to be saying is that people can lead good or bad lives in spite of what religion they might belong to, very often the one they have been born into. Is religion a good influence then or necessary at all. There must have been lots of decent communists, nazis and even the occassionaly pleasant devil worshiper. Surely it's not the individuals we should consider but what the faiths themselves are and the lives their founders led. For myself I could never justify belonging to a religion founded by a so called holy man who married a six year old and who had his opponents murdered among many other sins apparently sanctioned by the almighty.He was also a slave owner and a thief.Not my idea of someone likely to found a religion of anything remotely related to the common good. Fortunately many millions of his followers continue to lead good lives despite the statements of hate and division contained within it's core scriptures -peter

Let no one underestimate evil,

thinking, "It will not come near me." - Buddha

Old Hippie, I think its a flame so no worries -

Thai 3 - Hmmm - lets think now, good Nazis? How about the guy who smuggled 1000's of jews out of the country?

Hmmm - Commies - now a lot of good commies actually, in many ways communism is about the attainment, like religion, however most of us fall short.

Bad founders - OK - Budhism - lets see - founded by a man who deserted his wife and children, I am sure they were pleased he found "Enlightenment"

Point is ALL religions, (And you seem to through politics in as well, though I never mentioned it) and politics have good guys following them.

I am reminded of the C S Lewis books Narnia Chronicles, where in teh "Final Battle" one of the "Bad" guys gets to go to "Heaven" because he dod good things, albeit in the name of the wrong good - that ideology works for me.

I am reminded of a mate of mines tag line.

"If you can prove that god exists right now, I wouldn't change a thing I am doing", now to me, that's a great affermation that you should really do the right thing, and ignore the lunatics and the fanatics which all religions have.

Catholic Bombers as terrorist and protosant ones as well, today in Northern Island (Thankfully disapearing)

All religions could be picked on, all have good and bad people, at the end of the day, thats what its about.

Are you a good, or a bad person?

If wsomeone proved to you god existed, would you change your behaviour, or keep it the same safe in the knowledge your doing the right hting?

DOG - God is my bone, errr, Bone is my God :)

Archived