Good movie and book

Nervous_Dog

There is a new 2nd hand book shop opened on Sukhumvit, (Does that makes sence) well worth going too.

I saw the movie Stepford Wives today and I think it?s going to be a classic camp movie.

Glenn Close is brilliant, as is Bette Midler, that dumb aussie chick is boring as usual. Mathew Broderick is a favourite of mine since Ferris Buller?s Day Off, so I expected a good movie.

Fucking fantastic! Classic lines. At the ?Book Club? The Heroine played by the Aussie cow says ?I just read . . . (Some serious book), Glenn Close says, ?That?s nice dear, but this is the most provocative important book you?ll ever read, it?s CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS VOLUME 2? Bette Midler hams it up as a Jewish novelist, who Glenn says too "You can use Pine Cones as decorations for HHHHAnika"

There is a gay couple, the ?Female? of which complains about his failing marriage, ?He?s turning into a gay republican, that?s like being gay with bad hair?

When the heroine first arrives in Stepford, she?s just had electro shock treatment. Glenn Close pears into the care and says in a very cheerful voice ?Hello my little Energiser?

A very good movie, a must see.

Now heres the odd thing. I went to that new 2nd hand book store to buy books for the book club, and finally found a 2nd hand book I have been searching in Australian stores for years. Ira Levin's ?This Perfect Day?, a book I have always loved.

The irony, he wrote Stepford Wives!

DOG

Archived