A Moment in Time

Central Scrutinizer

A MOMENT IN TIME

I sit on the beach, watching a gorgeous sunset paint the horizon the most amazing colors. A million dragon flies dance on a warm ocean breeze, like fairies from an old Irish folk tale. In the darker firmament above the sunset sky small, sparkling stars shine, peeking through crimson tinted, wispy clouds. The smell of many different flowers wafts through the coconut palms, and I inhale deeply their wonderful fragrances.

A raven haired beauty sits next to me, seemingly content in this quiet moment. I wonder if she sees the exquisite beauty that is her homeland. Does she see this land as I see it through my eyes, or is she enured to the spectacle of it all, having seen it so many times in her life? I look at her next to me, and wonder if she can see her beauty reflected in my gaze. Does she know how wonderful she has made me feel during these few short weeks together? Does she know how pretty she is, and how special she is to me? I wonder!      

If I died, and went to heaven, would I just reappear in this same spot, in this same moment? I would hope so, as I cannot see heaven being anything better than this one moment in time.      

I will have to come back soon I think. Back to Thailand. To maybe catch another small glimpse of heaven.                    

Cent                      

----------------------------

Copyright © 2000. All rights reserved.

well as i am sitting here in Atlanta reading your poetry about LOS i am having problem figuring out why the hell i am spending my holiday here and not back in Thailand. ... lol

Keep on posting !

For the record i am from Norway.

• 2 months later...

Martin,

Sorry for the late reply. Just got back a couple of weeks ago and am catching up. Norwegian (sic?) huh? My grandad was a Swede from the old country. I know, I've heard the jokes, spare me please! :-) Hmmmmm...vacation in Norway...or vacation in Thailand.....rather easy choice I'd say!! What'd ya do? Flip a coin and lose?!! 555555!! Next time call it like this (well, when the wife or GF aren't around anyway!) Heads I go to Thailand and get some head...tails I go to Thailand and get some tail! Works like a charm every time!!! :-)

Cent

p.s. Just tell everyone you're going to see that "natural" Thai beauty that Khun Pure-a-chai has been going on about!

Archived