my search for girls with fairer skin

As a short introduction, I am 27, German (so excuse my English), and have been to Thailand about 10 times in the last 4 year. I also had a Thai girlfriend in Germany for about 2 years. I've been reading the Delphi Board for years and enjoyed it a lot. I never did much posting myself though. I always thought that I didn't have much to add in terms of original noteworthy content. But I would like to thank all of you who make this board and the former Delphi board so much fun to read and such a valuable resource. I couldn't have had so much fun without you guys. Thanks.

This time I do want to comment on the my last trip which just ended.

As always I stayed in the infamous Nana Hotel just for the short distance to NEP and the luxery of not requiring a short term room. As usual I found a nice one in Rainbow II, my favorite bar and later a cute girl in Playskool. Checking the ID Card, as I always do when they shower, i discovered she was only 16. That never happened at NEP before, a couple of times in Pattaya though. But I really want to report on my search for lighter skinned girls as I have become more attracted to the non Isan girls over the years. The first stop was Chinatown where Slimy Toad and others posted about the massage places there. I did not find Harlem on my first try, only later I discovered it from within the taxi which brought me home to Nana. Texas Massage was easy to find though. Once inside I saw about 15 girls sitting in the bowl (it was 5 in the afternoon). Strangely enough, they did not seem to be of the light colored skin type at all. Granted they did have heavy white make up on but almost all of them looked pretty dark to me and not at all attractive. The best was a 6 (according to my scale at least). Price quoted was 1100 Bath which quickly went down to 1000 Bath and as I left the manager followed me in the hallway and offered 800 (just for me he said) and I finally accepted. Experience was mediocre at best. I had a lot better at other places. In the evening I went to the second place which has supposedly white Thai girls - Saphan Kwai. The description given in earlier posts was excellent and I found it fairly quick. I picked a bar where the doorgirls did not try to pull me in and which looked more modern than the rest. On the street of bars it was on the right side if you come from the sky train, pretty much on the end. Name was in Thai only, so don't ask me. One thing I have to say: The girls did look pretty nice in here. No 10 but one 9 and a lot of 7 and 8. Overall the quality was higher than in NEP because no real ugly ones or old girls. After I was seated right at the stage where at one time only 3 girls will dance, so it takes quite some time to see all the girls of the bar. Next a female manager came over and explained the rules and pricing to me. I don't quite remember but I think it was 80 Baht for a lady drink which allowes the girl to sit 45 minutes with you. Long time she quoted as 2500. I told her (I speak Thai good enough to get along most of the times) that this seemed very expensive and too much for me. She quickly lowered it to 2000 and I asked her for short time. She asked what I was willing to pay and I said without thinking much 1000 which she accepted right away. To start with she asked me what I like and whether I would like to walk through the bar with her and take a look at the girls. The shy type that I am, I told her what I like and she brought a girl to my table which fitted that description very well. Nevertheless I talk to 4 other girls during the night which all came to my table and introduced themselves and sat with me, went dancing, came back, etc. One of the girls (the 9) I really liked but she turned out to be only visiting friends here as she worked here before but now works in Patpong. And I could not barfine her since she wasn't officially working here and the mamasan wouldn't like that. But she did give me her phone number and told me to call her the next morning (which I never got around to unfortunately). Anyway, what really surprised me was the fact that again at least half the girls are coming from the Isan region and and only very few from the northern part (chiang mai). Even so earlier post made me believe that in Thai places the girls are much fairer skinned and not from Isan, I could not confirm that and would argue the percentages are similar to the NEP bars.

The remainder of my 1 week stay I spent in Pattaya as I like the laid back, relaxed stay there. The first day I went to Sabailand for a massage and again could barely find one that suited my standards in the looks department. After paying the 600 B for body massage and going through with it, the girl asked me what I would like to do now. I replied with what the services would cost me and she quoted 2500 B. I told her she must be out of her mind but somehow my mind was set and I was not in the mood to leave now. I guess she must have sensed that so all my negotiating power got her down to 1700 only. Shame on me, I know. I will never make that mistake again. Anyway, later in the evening I went to Super Baby, Happy A Go-Go and other places. SuperBaby had only one girl to my liking which was barfined already and Happy A Go Go was a total desaster, i was the only customer at the time and left very fast. All the other places I checked out didn't yield anything worth barfining. Later I went to Tonys where a lot of girls tried to get my attention but somehow I was not in the mood to talk to any. And those who did talk to me got short replies. At 2 a.m. a group of girls passed me and whispered in my ear that they would like to meet me and they would wait in Marine Disco for me. Okay, so after a while I went to Marine to check that out. But neither the girls which talked to me nor other I found attractive. I found two girls which I would have taken home on the spot but after 5 minutes of talking their Thai boyfriends arrived as they were "normal" girls from Bangkok with their boyfriends. So no chance for me. The two girls of the group which did not seem to have a boyfriend I did not fancy to much. After I while I was getting scared: would this be my first night in Thailand ever to sleep alone? I searched for a girl which was ok looking and just talked to her. I don't know what it was but somehow she seemed to stupid to have a good conversation which turns me off completely. Later I went to Marine 2, the Bazar and other places. No luck for me tonight. At 6 a.m. I went home alone.

Maybe I am spoiled from Bangkok, maybe over the years I am not so easy to impress anymore, or maybe just all the nice girls have gone home during the off season - out of the hundreds of girls I saw on the day none of the available ones interested me.

The next day I was ready to go back to Bangkok. Very disappointed from Pattaya. And how so often in the past luck presented itself only shortly after. I went to Big C to do some shopping and saw a very nice looking girl in the distance. I followed her into MK restaurant where she met with some friends. I requested a table right beside her table even though the staff wanted me to sit somewhere else. From close by she still looked very attractive but to old for me (probably end 20s). So here I was not hungry but sitting in a restaurant - stuck again. And then all of a sudden I saw HER. She was sitting at the other end of the restaurant. Very beautiful and a smile which doubled my heart rate. So I looked over to her, she smiled, I smiled back but nothing happened since I was eating by now and she seemed to be with another person since she put food on someone elses plate. But I couldn't see the other person. After I while I was very surprised to hold a piece of paper in my hand which the waiter had brought over from the girl with the smile. It said: Hi, I like to know you better. Why don't you come over to sit with me and my sister (Ah, not the boyfriend - lucky for once). And so I went, the waiter got all my food over to the other table and I introduced myself. She was even more beautiful than I had thought, very cute, 19 and very friendly. To make my long story short: I spent the rest of the holiday just with her and we had an excellent time together. Since I am home SHE has called me 3 times and has written several emails. Even though I told her not to call me since it is too expensive for her. The funny thing is she and her sister wanted to visit Happy A Go Go to take a look at the girls. When I went with them there were at least 3 girls I would have liked to barfine, but couldn't since I was with her. Go figure, the day before nothing, two days later, very nice girls. Same was true for Tonys where we went for dancing. 2 girls were hitting on me even though I was obviousely attached already. Both 9s. The world is strange sometimes. To wrap it up: my faith in Thailand and especially Pattaya was restored and I can still recommend going there even in June.

Feel free to respond. I like to hear what you guys think.

Prost! (As we Germans say)

Hi,

I think you got scammed in Sutthisan/Saphan Kwai, unless prices have changed dramatically in the last year and a half. I took a girl from one of the bars there in Oct'99 and got quoted 1500 Baht LT all-in, which was later discounted to 1200 Baht.

End up tipping the girl the 300 Baht the next morning when I found out that the discount had come out of her cut.

BTW, I was rather disappointed with those places, and don't recall seeing too many attractive girls there. Things might have changed though.

Then now for whiter skinned girls. I think you should try the massage parlours, and possibly discos (although these are not pickup joints) in the Ratchadapisek area. You will find lots of light skinned girls from the North here.

Sanuk!

Thanks for your reply. About Saphan Kwai, I think you are right the prices seemed to high. Fortunately, I did not take a girl out, so it did not matter.

As for the discos: I went to Airbus, Dance Fever and some other place I can't remember the name of. But I like best the scene at RCA I (Rama Rd). Unfortunately, I always went with my girlfriend and couldn't tell how big chances for a pickup would be. But I was very impressed by the sheer amount of good looking girls.

Sanuk!

Nice trip report. I have to admit that I don't understand this fascination with fair skinned girls that so many guys seem to have... especially from a German. I mean, it's not like you have a lack of such attributes over there.

I stayed for a few years in Berlin and had a few girlfriends that were completely blond... hair, eyebrows, pubes... and underarms! (is that still the fashion there? never quite got used to it...)

In fact, my first introduction to the joys of Thai girls was in a brothel in Berlin... those girls really seemed to enjoy their job. Frankly, I love those tight bodies and dark brown skin!

Anyway, if you are really seeking fair skinned Asian girls, Korea and Japan should be on your vacation list.

Archived