Blackie?

Lusty

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am ok. Just trying to get my dud leg fixed in Oz.

What a culture shock Oz iz!!!

No nookie, no good Thai food no sanuk and no thieves

Back in LOS a.s.a.p.,

Thanks for asking. and the kind words ::

"No nookie, no good Thai food no sanuk and no thieves"

Not saying I'm an expert on Australia but I'm pretty sure you can find everything you mentioned above if you try hard enough.

I understand you associating Thailand with nookie, good Thai food and sanuk, but thieves??? Bit harsh I'd say and not significantly better (or worse) elsewhere.

Blackies mobile phone receipts tell a different story.

I have heard of and experienced ( 26000B personally) a huge amount of thievery in this country. When you get poor people, corrupt judical system and police that turn a blind eye you get a breeding ground for thieves. If you have not experienced it you are damn lucky. I have really never thought about it but I would highy agree with blackie on this on

"If you have not experienced it you are damn lucky."

You're suggesting that the odds are pretty high to experience such thing, and that the majority of us has or will experience just that. I duobt it.

Another way of saying it (without questioning his experience)is that he was simply unfortunate. More realistic IMO.

I once had my pocket picked and my house was broken into. Didn't lose much though. Of course, my parents' home was broken into in the States -- and a minimum of at least US$25,000 in items stolen, including a few heirlooms. Very professional -- only took gold, pearls, diamonds. Bastards got my Irish gg granny's beautiful gold hunting case watch valued at $3500. :(

Still feel a lot safer in Thailand.

Many people that have been here for a number of years have had some experience with thief. Usually maids, guards, condo owners etc. Of my close friends, many have had something stolen. Believe it or not. A thai student of mine from canada was over visiting our house when we first moved in. We decided to go for a quick walk to the store to buy some food. Since it was 2 mins I decided no sense locking up the main gate but just the front door. His reply. " You are not in Canada now. Something will be stolen for sure if you dont lock things up."

someday I will tell you I told you so.

Was talking to a workmate last night. His sister in law got a neighbours maid in for a few hours to help iron while he was away. The maid stole his wife's wedding ring which was on the bathroom hook. spent 2 hours at the police station last night but no luck.

the most blatant thivery i experienced was in an overnight train. they must have somehow gassed the compartment or something. when i woke up in the middle of the night from a bit of a commotion, it came out that almost everybody who slept in the lower berths lost their valuables (fortunately i was in an upper berth). police did fuck all, crying people all over.

ups, did i forget to mention - that was about four years ago in the overnighter somewhere between venice and munich.

Guest lazyphil

I am in Austria right now and it seems when we leave the house or car unattended they´re left unlocked, like the good old days in England, long gone, its full of theiving bastards now, I even got my gel tech seat cover on my bike stolen, like wtf wants a sweaty old bike seat cover for christs sake! ::

Archived